Need a littel help from GNR collectors

troccoli

I just checked through the GNRsource.com discography, and according to them, only promos and SFTD was released as CD's in the USA. Weird actually :question: The only CD, which wasn't a promo or SFTD, released in the USA was this:

CD Single

Hitmakers 300, USA, 1992

This CD was given to suscribers of Hitmakers.

It was strictly limited to 300 copies.

Tracks:

November Rain [Century edit mix], November Rain [KIIS edit mix], November Rain [WFJK edit mix], November Rain [Top gun WFDU edit mix], November Rain [Ah-So edit KOHT mix], November Rain [LP version]

But I wouldn't call that a single :tongue2:

Am I crazy or has Guns N Roses never released a cd single in the United States? For this question I am NOT including promos, and I am NOT including Sympathy For The Devil. Thanks! rock4

That's a really good point Troccoli, I never thought about that - that's bizzare they haven't!

It's like they almost consider the promo CD singles sufficient - but being a promo they aren't supposed to be sold, so surely then they missed out on a heap of sales, unless they simply imported all the CD singles from the UK or Europe and sold them in the US at the time.

What's even sillier is that they released Cassingles printed in the USA for most of the singles released and obviously some 7" vinyl as well. You could understand if they didn't do the vinyl or it was pressed overseas and imported for sale in the USA - but not the CD singles??

A question for you Troccoli - were all the 7" singles released in the USA as well? I know some of the early singles from AFD and Lies were released as 7"'s in the US coz they look exactly the same as the Aussie ones except the serial number on the back is in a different place. Most of the singles released for UYI and TSI? were also released on 7" in OZ too but did they continue to release them in the US too or did they stop?

Edited by williambailey01

Am I crazy or has Guns N Roses never released a cd single in the United States? For this question I am NOT including promos, and I am NOT including Sympathy For The Devil. Thanks! rock4

That's a really good point Troccoli, I never thought about that - that's bizzare they haven't!

It's like they almost consider the promo CD singles sufficient - but being a promo they aren't supposed to be sold, so surely then they missed out on a heap of sales, unless they simply imported all the CD singles from the UK or Europe and sold them in the US at the time.

What's even sillier is that they released Cassingles printed in the USA for most of the singles released and obviously some 7" vinyl as well. You could understand if they didn't do the vinyl or it was pressed overseas and imported for sale in the USA - but not the CD singles??

A question for you Troccoli - were all the 7" singles released in the USA as well? I know some of the early singles from AFD and Lies were released as 7"'s in the US coz they look exactly the same as the Aussie ones except the serial number on the back is in a different place. Most of the singles released for UYI and TSI? were also released on 7" in OZ too but did they continue to release them in the US too or did they stop?

From what I can see, in the USA in terms of vinyls, Nightrain was only released as a jukebox single, It's So Easy was never released, Paradise City was released as jukebox and regular single, Sweet Child was released as jukebox and regular single, WTTJ was released as jukebox and regular single, Patience was released as jukebox and regular single, Civil War not released, Don't Cry jukebox only, KOHD not released, LALD jukebox only, November Rain not released, Yesterdays jukebox only, YCBM jukebox only, Ain't It Fun never released, SIDHY jukebox only, Sympathy jukebox only. Yeah, it seems that most bands/record companies release a lot more diverse selection of singles in other countries and not the states. And, being a collector who lives in the states, this really pisses me off. :D

Edited by troccoli