bands that you like that other people around you see as uncool?

axlrose15

a lot of stuff made in the 80's

uhh Limp Bizkit ring a bell?

heh,i think Rob Zombie,LB and Queen are like the only 4 bands that me and me college buddies all enjoy.Everytime each one of us has a party , these bands get played to death.

don't worry,nobody thinks Stones and Beatles are cool

Do you just say those things to get a reaction? Seriously, just shut the hell up. :rolleyes:

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rammstein, and I think that's solely down to the language. If it was in English they'd probably just ignore it ;). Ever since I watched all of their Volkerball dvd on YouTube I've been hooked, good tunes for the gym

"Asche!"

Monty

I like them too and basically for the same reason. Something about the way they sound just appeals to me.

hmm,guess I was kinda vague in my meaning here,by "nobody" I meant "none of them"

One of my IT friends doesn't even watch any movies or listen to any music pre 1990,strange thing,but I tease him about it from time to time.

and RNR,dont make the same mistake that Estranged Reality did :laugh:

Edited by krissirge

guns n' roses appear to be extremely uncool amongst "music fans". casual music fans like them but those who think they are 'in the know' about music, usually hate them, mainly cos of axl. then there are the die hard fans, i don't know too many in real life

The other day my mother said Queen was SHIT.

I responded "that must be why they sold 300 million records worldwide. Because they're just such shit. You do realize I could kill you for saying that, and be completely cleared of all charges, right?"

She didn't know what to say.

I don't believe that sales determine whether a band is good or not.

You just used album sales to prove to krissirge that the Beatles were good.

No, I used album sales to prove to krissirge that many people think The Beatles and The Stones are cool:

Well, I guess the 500 million-1 billion people who bought their records only bought them for the cool album artwork, then.

I don't believe that sales determine whether a band is good or not.

You just used album sales to prove to krissirge that the Beatles were good.

No, I used album sales to prove to krissirge that many people think The Beatles and The Stones are cool:

Well, I guess the 500 million-1 billion people who bought their records only bought them for the cool album artwork, then.

Nuh-uh.

guns n' roses appear to be extremely uncool amongst "music fans". casual music fans like them but those who think they are 'in the know' about music, usually hate them, mainly cos of axl. then there are the die hard fans, i don't know too many in real life

So very true-fuck all the music snobs. If some emo kid wants to hate them that's probably due to ignorance, but the people I HATE are the older crowd that listened to AFD as a teen and have to pretend they don't like them anymore because it's not hip.

Lots of different bands, it depends with whom I'm hanging out at the moment... Don't really care though since most of the bands/artists I listen to are uncool in to some people...

Some examples: GN'R, Green Day, Aerosmith, The Beatles, The Hellacopters, Eminem, KISS, Hanoi Rocks, Elliott Smith, Oasis, The Black Crowes, AC/DC, Muse, Babyshambles, Sex Pistols etc

And music snobs hate GN'R.

in the US you get alot of weird looks blastin' Elvis at the stop light.

it seems that the UK and Europe hold him in far higher esteem than the douche bags here in the US.

also, i dig My Chemical Romance alot.

i also listen to Ennio Morricone soundtracks.

old "rhythm" music, like Jackie Brenston, the Clovers, Wilson Pickett, Little Walter, Howlin' Wolf, Rufus Thomas, Sam & Dave, Ray Charles (Atlantic era) etc.

Bear Family records from Germany has this "Blowin' The Fuse" series of compilations of old black music from the '40's on through 1960 and it's just an absolute treasure. google "Bear family records" if you dig old blues, country, r&b, etc.

in the US you get alot of weird looks blastin' Elvis at the stop light.

it seems that the UK and Europe hold him in far higher esteem than the douche bags here in the US.

also, i dig My Chemical Romance alot.

i also listen to Ennio Morricone soundtracks.

old "rhythm" music, like Jackie Brenston, the Clovers, Wilson Pickett, Little Walter, Howlin' Wolf, Rufus Thomas, Sam & Dave, Ray Charles (Atlantic era) etc.

Bear Family records from Germany has this "Blowin' The Fuse" series of compilations of old black music from the '40's on through 1960 and it's just an absolute treasure. google "Bear family records" if you dig old blues, country, r&b, etc.

The people I know that dislike Elvis are basing their opinion on the 70's "fat Elvis" era-you have to admit some of that material was pretty bad. His early stuff is amazing though-I love the Sun Session and wish he'd done more stripped down stuff like that.

I just got the Million Dollar quartet session and there's some real gems in there. I even like some of the later stuff like In the Ghetto, but it's way overproduced. Basically the Col castrated him.

I know that he never wrote his own material or at least never performed it publicly, but I've often wandered if he did write some stuff at some point and it's remained hidden up until now-is that even a possibility?