bands that you like that other people around you see as uncool?

axlrose15

dunno if anyone has said it yet but actually the only band i can think of is GNR. I mix with all different scenes and pretty much GNR is uncool, although ppl are always interested to talk about the band.....and most ppl are really ignorant about the current situation too. lol

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

most world music from the middle east.

american and irish folk is pretty uncool around here

death metal is pretty uncool in the wrong crowd

prog-rock can annoy people (gentle giant, rush, king crimson, focus...)

basically anything that isn't hip-hop or pop-rock/emo-rock...this is the birthplace of emo after all.

it's funny cuz all of you guys have bruce springsteen and bon jovi on your list when around here its kind of unspoken that everyone has to like them.

perhaps that accounts from my loathing of them.

• 5 months later...
Guest Satanisk_Slakt
Aerosmith, AC/DC, Sex Pistols

:o I've never met anyone who thinks that these bands are uncool. Actually, most of my friends who don't like rock or punk normally, find these bands good. Of course, most of them have just heard a few songs by each band, but they like those songs.

:o I've never met anyone who thinks that these bands are uncool. Actually, most of my friends who don't like rock or punk normally, find these bands good. Of course, most of them have just heard a few songs by each band, but they like those songs.

Trust me there's lots of people who think they're uncool although AC/DC is probably the one seen as coolest of the three you quoted. Sex Pistols are often seen as a crappy punk band that didn't know how to play and were just noise etc. But the thing is that most bands are hated by some social group... Hipsters/indie kids etc hate Aerosmith because they're hard rock or pop-metal or hair-metal or whatever they wanna describe them as. Just examples but I know lots of people who like them too (including people listening to completely different stuff). My point was that most bands are seen as uncool/crap by some "part" of the people I know. The same way that 50 Cent is seen as pretty uncool here, in other circles 50 Cent is the epitome of cool.

And why does my old username show up in the quote?!

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Trust me there's lots of people who think they're uncool although AC/DC is probably the one seen as coolest of the three you quoted. Sex Pistols are often seen as a crappy punk band that didn't know how to play and were just noise etc. But the thing is that most bands are hated by some social group... Hipsters/indie kids etc hate Aerosmith because they're hard rock or pop-metal or hair-metal or whatever they wanna describe them as. Just examples but I know lots of people who like them too (including people listening to completely different stuff). My point was that most bands are seen as uncool/crap by some "part" of the people I know. The same way that 50 Cent is seen as pretty uncool here, in other circles 50 Cent is the epitome of cool.

And why does my old username show up in the quote?!

Everyone always loves at least God Save The Queen and Anarchy in The UK. Don't think I've talked with somebody about these two songs who thought they wasn't great.

AC/DC have got those songs as Highway To Hell, TNT, and Back In Black, which are songs most people like, whether they like rock or not.

Janie's Got A Gun, Cryin', Dream On and probably some others are usually like by everyone too.

But you are, of course, right. What I meant was that I've never met anyone, or at least talked to anyone about it, which don't think like this.

Have no idea who it was your old username. Probably because you had not changed it by the time you wrote it.

• 3 weeks later...