bands that you like that other people around you see as uncool?

axlrose15

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still waiting on the memo regarding the un-coolness of the majority of the music you all listed.

I don't think I'll get that memo either .. I'm in no way expected to be cool anymore. (woot!) Well, my son thinks I'm cool rather than some type of old fart Mom so I guess that's the important thing.

I'm still waiting on the memo regarding the un-coolness of the majority of the music you all listed.

I don't think I'll get that memo either .. I'm in no way expected to be cool anymore. (woot!) Well, my son thinks I'm cool rather than some type of old fart Mom so I guess that's the important thing.

I agree, the older I get the less I care about being cool & and more I worry about staying hot (or lukewarm or whatever I can still manage). Glad your son thinks you're cool! Sometimes my kids think I am, but it generally means they want something.

Most of the stuff I listen to, really. My friends laugh at my freaky taste in music all the time. :lol: It isn't really considered cool to listen to stuff like Joni Mitchell, Captain Beefheart, The Residents, various jazz, baroque-, romantic- and renaissance era classical music when you're 16.

i'm about the only one in my circa age group that still values any kind of funky rock blues soul music etc etc. Everyone else is 'too busy.' I still go to concerts, I went to the GN'R gig with my 19yo son. I also have seats for Cold Play in May, grouped with him and 6 of his friends. I don't try to be young, I just haven't changed all that much since I was.

As for which bands that i like are seen as 'uncool' - I'd say it's got to be the nu gunners as people just don't see them as the gunners anymore. They say: 'are there any original members left..' 'Didn't axl break up the band...'

Pretty ignorant but that's the way they see it. I don't care.

Kanye West

Amy Winehouse

Duffy

Yeah, almost all my friends listen to stuff like GN'R, Metallica, Black Sabbath etc. You get the point. So everything else, mainstream things like Kanye and Amy, is just "some shitty pop-music". I think some of them are just scared of admitting they actually do like it, because it's not "cool" unless it's hard rock or heavy metal. Rap, electronica, hip hop, r'n'b, shock rock, and stuff like that, is mostly not cool in their ears, because it's not the norm around here.

Their loss.