bands that you like that other people around you see as uncool?

axlrose15

Prince. I guess because he's considered an "'80's artist" and because of his flamboyance in the past many people who know nothing about him assume he's gay. Even my girlfriend thinks it's kind of gay for me to be a huge Prince fan. I'm sorry, I don't care if the man used to go onstage in a thong and stockings and looks very feminine, he makes damn good music and puts on the best live show I've ever seen.

People also hassle me about being a GNR fan because they are another "80's band" even though they really sound nothing like most bands in that era. But I don't really care what people think. Most of the "popular" music of today is shit anyway.

As a long-time Prince fan, I went through the same thing. Last year's Super Bowl show was the first time my husband ever saw my point with Prince. When it was over and my hubby was standing there with his jaw on the floor, he said, "Okay. You can buy me a Prince t-shirt. I'll actually wear it, too." :rofl-lol:

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the music that I like is not shared by my friends. They all like the music played in clubs and so....

My love for GNR is often ridicult of, they all have no taste what so ever, so I do not really care.