Robot Les Paul

You want to pay ten times more for a regular Les Paul Studio just because it has a tuner?

It's ten times easier to tune it yourself..

It's probably the most useless Les Paul ever made.

Edited by Raw Power

You want to pay ten times more for a regular Les Paul Studio just because it has a tuner?

It's ten times easier to tune it yourself..

It's probably the most useless Les Paul ever made.

but if you're not familiar with all the different tunings.. but someone that doesn't know that doesn't really deserve a guitar like that, so it's for rich people who wants to try guitar

For a gigging musician I could see the uses in having a guitar that would change different tunings on the fly. Jimmy Page has something similar on a couple of his Les Pauls called a Transperformance tuning system where he can push some buttons and change tunnings on the fly.

Edited by moreblack

I'd rather use 15 seconds between to songs and tune it myself, than adding 900 lbs to my guitar for some ridiculous selftuning system.

After all, that's what my tuner is for.

You can't add that much electronic equipment to your guitar without changing the tone.

I seriously doubt a LP is gonna stop sounding like an LP just because of a couple of extra mechanical bits.

The practical solution, and one I've seen used most often is having different guitars for different tunings. Because tuning to open G, or DADGAD is not gonna take 15 seconds.

I seriously doubt a LP is gonna stop sounding like an LP just because of a couple of extra mechanical bits.

I'm not saying that it would stop sounding like an Les Paul, Studio that is, but when you make that amount of changes

on the electronics and the guitar, it'll definitely gonna have an effect on the sound.

The practical solution, and one I've seen used most often is having different guitars for different tunings. Because tuning to open G, or DADGAD is not gonna take 15 seconds.

Well, for the price of an Robot LP, which is basically a Les Paul Studio, you can afford a couple of guitars so you can tune them differently.

When you change your tuning you're doing it because you're looking for another sound, maybe that one guitar won't suit every tuning.

I'd never tune my Tele to a drop D, but I could actually do it with a Les Paul.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In the near future kids that will start playing guitar and get the Les Paul Robot(let's say that with time all guitars will tune theirselves automaticly) will not know how to tune a guitar....Tuning a guitar is the fist step for creating sharpness in your ear...If they don't know to tune it how are they supposed to learn a song by themselves by listening it on the radio(with out the internet)...????

This crap will kill music as we know it......!

Edited by Loaded

I was at the local music shop earlier this week and they had just got a red metallic Les paul Robot in, the guys that work there where testing it out and after a couple of strings snapping and the machine getting confused with its self i thought to myself that Gibson may not be ready to sell this technology. Anybody who could tune a guitar could proberbly tune it a lot faster than the automatic tuner works, and the tuners look really bulky and out of place. Apart from that i think the idea is great, but if the idea passed on to other companys that could make one and sell it for less it could be the easy way out for young kids wanting to play the guitar and never having to tune it in their life which could effect their playing in the future.

• 4 weeks later...