Ryan Tedder

pain cake

I'm sure you're farmiliar with his work

One Republic Feat. Timbaland - Apologize

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_3XRx8EnuI

One Republic - Stop and Stare

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhpqXbndFvQ

Leona Lewis - Bleeding Love (his song, she just sings it)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sF84pIhP5UM

The man just has a way with melody and simple yet emotional lyrics that make him undeniably one of the best artists of modern times. I'm surprised his name isn't thrown around with the likes of Rob Thomas. It's a real treat when his stuff comes on the radio, but it goes deeper than that, it's really great music.

Edited by pain cake

Im not a fan of these guys at all, i actually didnt even know who they were till i clicked on the links, i have seen/heard them on tv a few times though. They just seem really middle of the road to me like match box 20 or somethin, but to each his own.

Matchbox 20 are responsible and are still responsible for some of the best pop songs to grace our ears, you try and write a string of hits that they deliver with each album. There are a lot of groups/artists 1,000,000 times more "Middle of the road" than either of these groups.

I don't really rate him.

Both "Stop and Stare" and "Apologize" seemed formulaic. Drawn out chorus lines. It's an OK hook, but it's nothing new.

The Leona Lewis song just sounds like a generic pop song that was sung EXTREMELY well (not my kind of music but have to give her credit for that talent).

I'm sure he can write a much better song than me, but based on these songs - I think he's far from being one of the greats.

But then, I think Bono is way overrated so what do I know.

I don't really rate him.

Both "Stop and Stare" and "Apologize" seemed formulaic. Drawn out chorus lines. It's an OK hook, but it's nothing new.

The Leona Lewis song just sounds like a generic pop song that was sung EXTREMELY well (not my kind of music but have to give her credit for that talent).

I'm sure he can write a much better song than me, but based on these songs - I think he's far from being one of the greats.

But then, I think Bono is way overrated so what do I know.

I know what you're getting at and yeah I did consider the lyrics to be maybe a little mediocre, but I was judging him on his commercial appeal and great way with melody.

He is brilliant.

But not the greatest.

Bono is. (at least during my lifetime)

*sticks a gun to his head* apologise motherfucker!!! :rofl-lol:

no, really, humor aside, i'd rather eat my own penis whilst still attached than buy anything Bono ever had anything to do with..

He is brilliant.

But not the greatest.

Bono is. (at least during my lifetime)

*sticks a gun to his head* apologise motherfucker!!! :rofl-lol:

no, really, humor aside, i'd rather eat my own penis whilst still attached than buy anything Bono ever had anything to do with..

Your a big punk fan.

Joe Strummer said this about U2's War, "We were trying to make that album."

Source: His Bio.....I can't think of the name of it right now. (Look it up on Wiki)

Im not a fan of these guys at all, i actually didnt even know who they were till i clicked on the links, i have seen/heard them on tv a few times though. They just seem really middle of the road to me like match box 20 or somethin, but to each his own.

Matchbox 20 are responsible and are still responsible for some of the best pop songs to grace our ears, you try and write a string of hits that they deliver with each album. There are a lot of groups/artists 1,000,000 times more "Middle of the road" than either of these groups.

Honestly ive never ever been able to stand anythin theyve done, but hey thats just my opinion. This actually highlights one of the cool things about GNR, the fact that they can attract people who are into all sortsa different music, theres few bands that can do that.