Hang on Sloopy

Vincent Vega

Imo, a very atmospheric song, makes me imagine the still innocent malt shop days of the early-mid 60s. Anyone else like it?

:rofl-lol: for someone who could pretty much be considered a grown up you have some really quite laughable notions regarding things. "innocent malt shop days". you wanna read up a little on what those cuddley and innocent jangle-pop making motherfuckers got up to in the 60s...innocent :lol: honestly man, live in the real world..just an idea.

great fuckin song though doesnt remind me of Malt Shops...it'd remind me of a beach more than a malt shop. maybe cuz its playing in the doors movie when Morrisons struttin' the beach.

Imo, a very atmospheric song, makes me imagine the still innocent malt shop days of the early-mid 60s. Anyone else like it?

great fuckin song though doesnt remind me of Malt Shops...it'd remind me of a beach more than a malt shop. maybe cuz its playing in the doors movie when Morrisons struttin' the beach.

Well, I know history, believe me, but I like the idea of a more innocent time--though logic tells me there never was such a thing. It's fun to idealize things though. It's what drove guys like George Lucas to make movies like American Graffiti.

And off topic but the Doors movie is a good movie but it takes too much liberty with the truth. Neglects Morrison's deep, intellectual, sober side and instead makes him like a schizophrenic (sp?)

Well, I know history, believe me, but I like the idea of a more innocent time--though logic tells me there never was such a thing. It's fun to idealize things though

that much we have in common actually. but theres a fine line between idealizing and being delusional. theres a lot to be said for enforced naivity actually, in my estimation at least. there is/was an innocence in some sense but as is generally the case with hindsight or nostalgia, its important to bear in mind that theres elements of everything there...innocence, corruption, productivity, creativity...and a lot more besides. its just one or more facets fits revisionist theory and paints a picture that people wanna come back to and theres nothing ever so wrong with that its just that...reality is ALWAYS more interesting because dealing with and understanding reality demands that you deal with and understand people where as idealised notions are an insular thing by nature and are therefore limited.

that said, im the worst in the world for idealising periods but what i tend to idealise more than the time itself is the people of the time and say...i dunno, The Beatles for example, specifically The Beatles in the studio...i like to think that these 4 guys went in there and...had this perfect chemical balance that precipitated genius in the production line sense...y'know, like on order art, the peak of genius and, although there is a lot to be said for the genius of those four boys the fact of the matter is a lot of hardwork and graft and blood sweat and tears went into making that shit. the beatles flying and floating across the world spreading joy is a great little notion but...it was surreal and hellish in its own way too..

but yeah, i ramble, im sure you know what im tryna say..not really trying to say much, just chewing shit over out loud :lol:

It's ok

Reminds of the scene in the Oliver Stone Doors movie when Morrison is talking with Manzerik on the beach

That's exactly what I thought of when I saw the title of the thread.

But it's a pretty good tune. I like it.

And off topic but the Doors movie is a good movie but it takes too much liberty with the truth. Neglects Morrison's deep, intellectual, sober side and instead makes him like a schizophrenic (sp?)

Yes, but a movie is only 2 hours long, you know? I came away from it thinking he's a drunk, but also very, very deep

The movie itself played some great Doors songs, but they didn't focus enough on them or him actually creating the music

But like I said, only 2 hours

On a side note, Kevin Dillon was TERRIBLE as Densmore - very miscast, in my opinion