New Verve single!

Estranged Reality

Sweet, I've been waiting to hear a studio version of this song. Urban Hymns is one of my favorite albums from the 90's.

This song is no "If The World" but I still like it. I'm glad these guys are back together. Richard Ashcroft's solo career was pretty so so, however, his song "New York" was pretty killer.

Edited by Randy Lahey

Thanks for that link Estranged Reality, good to see people sharing the quality music.

Yeah i quite dig that track, very slick. Not so sure about that background (Ah-ah Ah-ah) vocals!

Edited by Opax

Hmm, it's alright. Not sure I dig that weird effect going on...

I love Urban Hymns and their debut. The best part of that band, for me, is Nick McCabe and all his awesome guitar work.

Edited by Ant

I bought UH a while ago but it never did anything for me. I do like Sonnet but even then I have no strong desire to play it over and over. Bittersweet Symphony was okay too (Jagger/Richards music is the best part of it though). Might give that album another spin one day soon.

Can't say I like the new song.

The lyrics, the riff, the drumming (best part, imo) was all original. The orchestra sample by Oldham caused all the drama.

From what I've read (maybe there's more to the story?) Ashcroft has every right to be extremely pissed off about what happened.

I'm a huge Stones fan and I never even noticed a similarity. It's a great song regardless, as is the entire album. "Lucky Man" is one of my favourite songs ever.

The lyrics, the riff, the drumming (best part, imo) was all original. The orchestra sample by Oldham caused all the drama.

From what I've read (maybe there's more to the story?) Ashcroft has every right to be extremely pissed off about what happened.

I'm a huge Stones fan and I never even noticed a similarity. It's a great song regardless, as is the entire album. "Lucky Man" is one of my favourite songs ever.

You won't notice a similarity unless you are familiar with Andrew Oldham Symphony arrangements on alternative renditions of Stones songs,of which only Jagger was involved in.

You won't notice a similarity unless you are familiar with Andrew Oldham Symphony arrangements on alternative renditions of Stones songs,of which only Jagger was involved in.

those were alternate renditions? i never knew that...i dunno where i heard it but i remember hearing the story that he took it and throwing on the last time to see and it being there. i cant imagine i own any alternate versions of the stones stuff though, i just have the straightforward albums so i couldn't possibly have alternate versions. weird.

Edited by ffrankwhite

those were alternate renditions? i never knew that...i dunno where i heard it but i remember hearing the story that he took it and throwing on the last time to see and it being there. i cant imagine i own any alternate versions of the stones stuff though, i just have the straightforward albums so i couldn't possibly have alternate versions. weird.

There's LOTS of Stones songs with different versions...especially the early material.

Edited by zint61

Ah, that explains it.

I have a lot of unreleased material and bootleg compilations of alternate takes of albums (Get What You Need as an alternate Let It Bleed, etc.) but I don't know if I have anything with Andrew Oldham's arrangements; do you know which album they would be on? I'm kind of interested in hearing the original track. I've been listening to The Verve for years and never really understood the whole Bittersweet Symphony thing, but if it's from a different version of the Stones' song, that would explain a lot.

It's more completely different versions,rather than alternative Stones'versions I guess (technically).

What you are looking for you will find here.

748402.jpg

There's also some Oldham Orchestra versions on Metamorphosis,this is where Jagger can been found singing...Out Of Time for example.Which is excellent,very Spector-ish.

WoW I really cant wait for this. I cant believe they've actually reformed, Nick Mccabe is one of the best and most mesmerizing guitarists I've ever heard, it'll be great to hear him on a record again. Really loving their new single, the loop reminds me a lot of "sympathy for the devil" by the stones, quality stuff.

The Verve Go Forth With New Album

June 26, 2008

The Verve

Earlier this week, The Verve released "Love Is Noise," the British band's first new single in over a decade. Now more information has been revealed about Forth, the first Verve studio album since 1997. Forth (which initially was incorrectly reported as being titled Four) will be out on August 19 in North America through their own imprint, appropriately named On Our Own. Forth will be distributed by MRI/Megaforce/RED. The album will be out the day before overseas on EMI.

"Love Is Noise" debuted on the BBC Monday and is currently at U.S. radio as well. "Love Is Noise" can also be heard via the Verve's MySpace page. Forth is their first album since 1997's seminal Urban Hymns, which featured the breakthrough hit "Bitter Sweet Symphony."

The Verve will be playing European and Japanese festivals throughout the summer, starting with the Eden Project and Glastonbury Festival this coming weekend.

Forth tracklisting:

1. "Sit And Wonder"

2. "Love Is Noise"

3. "Rather Be"

4. "Judas"

5. "Numbness"

6. "I See Houses"

7. "Noise Epic"

8. "Valium Skies"

9. "Columbo"

10. "Appalachian Springs"

Edited by SolidSnake