The Oasis/Noel Gallagher/Beady Eye Thread!!

Marky

Oasis gear up for release with new record deal

Oasis appear to have started moving towards a new record release by signing a three-album deal in partnership with Sony BMG today (June 19).

The group's own Big Brother Recordings will release the band's new albums in a profit share arrangement with the major label. Thanks to a brand new music business structure Oasis' Big Brother label will also look after the distribution and marketing of the band's back catalogue in all major markets worldwide.

The group's first album in partnership with Sony BMG is due out later this year.

Oasis have released all of their albums on their own label since the dissolution of Creation Records in the late 1990s, including 'Standing On The Shoulder Of Giants', 'Heathen Chemistry' and 'Don't Believe The Truth'.

One of Oasis' management team, Alec McKinlay, celebrated the deal, saying: "This is an imaginative and exciting arrangement which will allow Big Brother to team up with the creme of both the independent and major sectors worldwide to build on Oasis' already considerable international success.

"This allows the band to take advantage of all the opportunities presented by the new business models available today as well as remaining totally in control of their own destiny. We are really pleased that Sony BMG have demonstrated the foresight and courage to engage with the band in this way."

Ged Doherty, Chairman and CEO of Sony BMG Music Entertainment UK added: "Oasis are in complete control of their destiny and could have chosen to sign with anyone - or even go it alone - so I am delighted that they have chosen to continue to work with us. In addition this new arrangement will empower Big Brother to market and release not only the new albums but also the historic catalogue in many countries of the world so that they can replicate the unparalleled sales and marketing record they have in the UK."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oasis exclusive: new album and single details announced

Jun 24, 2008

Oasis will release their next studio album, 'Dig Out Your Soul', on October 6 on their Big Brother label.

The album will be preceded by a single, 'The Shock Of The Lightning', on September 29.

The LP, which will be the band's seventh studio effort, was produced by Dave Sardy, who also worked on Oasis' last album, 2005's 'Don't Believe The Truth'. It was recorded in London's Abbey Road and mixed in Los Angeles.

Comeback single 'The Shock Of The Lightning' was written by Noel Gallagher and features his brother, Liam Gallagher, on lead vocals.

Speaking about the album Noel Gallagher said: "I wanted to write music that had a groove; not songs that followed that traditional pattern of verse, chorus and middle eight.

"I wanted a sound that was more hypnotic; more driving. Songs that would draw you in, in a different way. Songs that you would maybe have to connect to – to feel."

Of 'The Shock Of The Lightning', Gallagher added: "If 'The Shock Of The Lightning' sounds instant and compelling to you, it's because it was written dead fast. And recorded dead fast.

"'The Shock of The Lightning' basically is the demo. And it has retained its energy. And there’s a lot to be said for that, I think. The first time you record something is always the best."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chris Sharrock named new Oasis drummer.

He will be joining Oasis in the near future. Noel Gallagher said in an interview for MOJO, regarding the appointment of Oasis' new drummer, "Liam is still not happy about Chris Sharrock, because he's Robbie William's drummer. I went home and thought about it and it was just too much of a temptation to piss Robbie Williams and Liam off in one phone call."[1]

Edited by Marky

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of people rag on Oasis, but man, compared to the other bands out there nowadays, they're the real deal.

'The Shock Of The Lightning', Gallagher added: "If 'The Shock Of The Lightning' sounds instant and compelling to you, it's because it was written dead fast. And recorded dead fast.

"'The Shock of The Lightning' basically is the demo. And it has retained its energy. And there’s a lot to be said for that, I think. The first time you record something is always the best."

I was glad to read this. I feel like a lot of bands and production teams nowadays are so dead set on pro-tooling, click tracking, pitch correcting, and 100 take digital cutting and pasting, that they take all the soul right out of the music.

Edited by Ant

Great, more shit shoveled by Oasis. Be Here Now,Standing on the Shoulder of Giants, Heathen Chemistry,Don't Believe the Truth were all garbage that aren't in any way worth listening to.

Never cared for SOTSOG, but I think everything else they released has been good. Of course Morning Glory and Definitely Maybe stand head and shoulders above the rest.

In order of favorites mine are:

Definitely Mayber

(What's The Story) Morning Glory

Don't Believe the Truth

Heathen Chemistry

Be Here Now

Standing on the Shoulder of Giants

They're a fucking fantastic band. Probably my favorite to come out of the 90's. Noel is a brilliant songwriter and Liam's... well Liam is Liam and that's good enough for me.

Can't fucking wait for the new record!

Be Here Now was endearingly excessive, SOTSOG was admittedly crap, and I didn't bother with Heathen Chemistry past the single which rocked, but Don't Believe The Truth was great!

The DBTT songs come across especially well in a live setting. That said, with Definitely Maybe, Morning Glory, and The Masterplan, they have my money for concerts for as long as they tour :).

Edited by Ant

SOTSOG was admittedly crap

It still had some great tunes. Fucking In The Bushes, Go Let It Out, and Gas Panic are all great songs.

I have a good feeling about the upcoming album. This could be a great year for new shit with The Verve, Oasis, Metallica, and Hopefully GNR all putting out albums.

SOTSOG is actually a very good record. Its a great driving album, and a great album to have on in the background. Plus live, the songs they did do off the album were incredible. I thoroughly recommend the live album.

man fuck y'all, Oasis are fuckin heavy duty and always have been. not a band album out of em...ever. "compared to other bands around they are great" no no no, they could fuckin hold their own anywhere anytime...Heathen Chemistry has only one good song? come ooooooonnnn, fuckin Stop Crying Your Heart Out, Hindu Times, Little by Little, Songbird, Force of Nature, these are all dreadful right? fuck right off outta town with that, that album is solid.

Standing On The Shoulder Of Giant...F**kin In The Bushes, Gas Panic, Who Feels Love, Go Let It Out, Let There Be Love...these are all bad songs?? why does this album get so much fuckin stick, i dont get it...

fact, Oasis could pound 99% of bands out there into the ground...point blank. i loved how they're so fuckin loud and yet so paced...this i think is the key with like....guitar-based rock music is pace...Steve Jones understood and so does Noel Gallagher...it translates so fucking well i cant tell ya...

and Dont Believe The Truth well...what can i say, return to form to say the very very least :) i like their style too...straight-forward, no fuckin around, the music speaks for itself and always will.

IMO Standing on the Shoulder of Giants is their second best album, and my personal favourite.

it is Noel Gallagher's most "personal" album, songwriting wise... it's a very heart felt psychedelic album.

one of the best of the decade so far.

Heathen Chemistry is without a doubt their weakest album, however it's still good.

Hindu Times, Songbird, Stop Crying Your Heart Out, Born On A Different Cloud, Better Man. All solid tunes, however the production really lets it down.

so far Oasis have been very quiet about this album, which all things considered is quite strange.

however this has fucking won me over, pure fucking gold.

Speaking about the album Noel Gallagher said: "I wanted to write music that had a groove; not songs that followed that traditional pattern of verse, chorus and middle eight.

"I wanted a sound that was more hypnotic; more driving. Songs that would draw you in, in a different way. Songs that you would maybe have to connect to – to feel."

Of 'The Shock Of The Lightning', Gallagher added: "If 'The Shock Of The Lightning' sounds instant and compelling to you, it's because it was written dead fast. And recorded dead fast.

wonder how it'll fucking sound, hopefully it'll have the groove of columbia, with the integrity of Standin On The Shoulder of Giants.

IMO Standing on the Shoulder of Giants is their second best album, and my personal favourite.

it is Noel Gallagher's most "personal" album, songwriting wise... it's a very heart felt psychedelic album.

one of the best of the decade so far.

I think it got a bad reception because of 1) the 'failure' that was Be Here Now in most peoples' eyes (even though that album recieved glowing reviews upon its release) made it sort of mandatory amongst respectable critics to bash Oasis at any given chance, and 2) the mellow sound - everyone expected the grandoise stuff from Morning Glory and Be Here Now again... but you can't really top Be Here Now, that album's a fucking planet.

As for SOTSOG; it's a decent album. Gas Panic!, Sunday Morning Call, Where Did It All Go Wrong? and Roll It Over are the best songs... sometimes I wonder if it would have been better recieved as a Noel Gallagher solo record, switching I Can See A Liar and PYMWYMI with Let's All Make Believe and Cigarettes In Hell.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the new album. The title is classic Oasis after all. :)

Oasis: 'Nearly named album after Geri Halliwell song'

Noel Gallagher reveals 'Spicy' alternative title for 'Dig Out Your Soul'

Noel Gallagher has admitted he nearly named his album after a Geri Halliwell song – until his girlfriend pointed it out.

'Dig Out Your Soul', out on October 6, was nearly called 'Bag It Up', the star explained.

"The missus goes 'Bag It Up'? isn't that a song by Geri Halliwell. I was like: 'You've ruined my entire fucking year!'," he told Mojo.

The song in question was a UK Number One single in March 2000.

'Dig Out Your Soul' is due out on October 6, preceded by the single 'The Shock Of the Lightning' on September 29.

Lmao such funny guys!

tracklisting.

1.Bag It Up

2. The Turning

3. Waiting for the Rapture

4.The Shock of the Lightning

5. I'm Outta Time

6. (Get Off Your) High Horse Lady

7. Falling Down

8. To be Where There's Life

9. Ain't Got Nothin'

10. The Nature of Reality