New Alice Cooper Song on Myspace

Black Sabbath

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently Ozzy and Slash are on the album too. Now I'm even more stoked! :lol:

http://www.uncut.co.uk/news/alice_cooper/news/11632

EDIT: Here's another link for it too. http://www.sleazeroxx.com/news08/0610coo.shtml

Ozzy plays harmonica on a track he co-wrote called "Wake The Dead" and Slash is actually lends some guitar work on this song, "Vengeance Is Mine".

Edited by Axls_Shorts_Rule

Oh I'm sure there are plenty of better tracks on the album. Like you said, this one is a nice little one. But after reading a lot on this album, and hearing Alice talk about it, I'm sure it'll be great.

It's Alice, it will be great! :D

Pretty good song though.

all Alice is great ta me, I fucking totally dig this dude, I will buy this record regardless

GUnsguy

...of the fact it sounds like everything from Alice in the last 10 or so years.

But yeah,I'll buy it...gotta keep the collection complete.

Not bad...not sure how I feel about a born again christian singing about a serial killer though...seems kinda...fake.

Not bad...not sure how I feel about a born again christian singing about a serial killer though...seems kinda...fake.

I really like Alice Cooper's early material (and I'd even go so far as to say he's largely overlooked and misunderstood by many music fans and critics), but in all honesty, I think pretty much his entire career -- in terms of "showmanship" (is that the right word?) or what have you-- has been fake. He was definitely all about the theatricality. I mean, Cooper started playing golf in the '90s, didn't he? And has a radio show now? It's like Gene Simmons rocking out in full-on KISS gear and turning around and doing a bratty kid reality TV show...

all Alice is great ta me, I fucking totally dig this dude, I will buy this record regardless

GUnsguy

Well apparently the majority of fans don't like it when the artists or band change a little bit, so they try to keep it the same!

I can't wait for this cd. I buy everything the man puts out though.

So, just because you're "born again" you can't sing about a serial killer? That doesn't make any sense to me.

AC/DC and ZZ Top have made a whole career of making songs that sound exactly the same. I don't see how all of Alice's stuff in the last 10 years all sounds the same. Brutal Planet and Dragontown sounded alot alike- harder and heavier, probably Alice's hardest stuff to date. The Eyes of Alice and Dirty Diamonds went with the Alice circa 70's type sound. Can you honestly say that the songs "Brutal Planet" and "Between High School & Old School" sound the same? I don't think so.

New CD July 29th. First day buyer here!

Dragontown is a sequel to Brutal Planet, that's why they sound the same. Both are great, Dragontown is better though.

Have you heard The Last Temptation? It's the first in that trilogy. And the best. If you havn't heard it check it out. I think you will like it.

No way, Brutal Planet's definitely the pick of those 2

I agree on that. Dragontown just doesnt do it for me. I rarely listen to it.

GUnsguy

Well apparently the majority of fans don't like it when the artists or band change a little bit, so they try to keep it the same!

Really??...how unfortunate.Alice was always a master at changing up his sound.I always used to look forward to a new Cooper release.

When he locked into a Winger/Dokken/Hollywood-metal kinda vibe it all started to sound very same-ish to me.

GUnsguy

Really??...how unfortunate.Alice was always a master at changing up his sound.I always used to look forward to a new Cooper release.

When he locked into a Winger/Dokken/Hollywood-metal kinda vibe it all started to sound very same-ish to me.

I agree it's all kind of the same. Dirty Diamonds and Eyes where a bit like his older stuff, But all my favorite Cooper albums end at Dada (1983). I still really like his music but nothing hits me like Love It To Death, Killer, Billion Dollar Babbies, Nightmare, and Dada (I dont know what it is about that one but I love it.)

GUnsguy

I agree it's all kind of the same. Dirty Diamonds and Eyes where a bit like his older stuff, But all my favorite Cooper albums end at Dada (1983). I still really like his music but nothing hits me like Love It To Death, Killer, Billion Dollar Babbies, Nightmare, and Dada (I dont know what it is about that one but I love it.)

Dadaists?