New Alice Cooper Song on Myspace

Black Sabbath

It's alright. Not quite as good as I expected but still not bad either. Gotta give it a few more listens to really dig into it. It's very reminiscent of late 90's Cooper. Also, didn't know the album was gonna come out on vinyl, Dirty Diamonds didn't, did it? Anyways, I'll deffinitely order that today, and I'll get the CD on the 29th, even though I'll be out of town.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I can say is thank god he doesn't try to redo Flush The Fashion...

As for the more metal sound, he's had a few runs through the metal spectrum, hair metal, some industrial ifluences, nu-metal. It's not all hollywood dokken metal.

But then Eyes and Diamonds had nothing to do with that sound. They were almost garage rock albums. Not a trace of metal to be found on either of those 2.

As for the more metal sound, he's had a few runs through the metal spectrum, hair metal, some industrial ifluences, nu-metal. It's not all hollywood dokken metal.

But then Eyes and Diamonds had nothing to do with that sound. They were almost garage rock albums. Not a trace of metal to be found on either of those 2.

I actually really like that album.

Edited by Becket

I sometimes play with a Cooper tribute band, and would you believe Clones is the hardest song to nail?

I sometimes play with a Cooper tribute band, and would you believe Clones is the hardest song to nail?

Yeah I can see that being a bit difficult to do.

What do you play in the band?

Glen Buxton :xmasssanta:

Glen Buxton :xmasssanta:

Nice. You guys should come play here in Thunder Bay. I'd go see you. :D

You're probably thinking "where the hell is Thunder Bay!!??" :lol:

You're probably thinking "where the hell is Thunder Bay!!??" :lol:

I live in Winnipeg so it's not that far, I had a classmate in college from T-Bay. So no worries, I can find it.

Shit, your not very far. What's the name of your band? I'll keep an eye out if you ever play here. Do you play outside of Winnipeg?

Dragontown is a sequel to Brutal Planet, that's why they sound the same. Both are great, Dragontown is better though.

Have you heard The Last Temptation? It's the first in that trilogy. And the best. If you havn't heard it check it out. I think you will like it.

Actually, The Last Temptation is it's own thing. The trilogy starts with Brutal Planet, continues with Dragontown, and has yet to be completed. Maybe "Along Came A Spider" will be the final chapter? It's a very common mistake that people assume TLT is the first in the series. It's a concept album, but not part of the Brutal Planet trilogy.

From an interview around the time of Dragontown's release:

"The funny thing was that The Last Temptation really wasn't part of the trilogy. That was on its own. That was the first thing I wrote as a Christian. And then, it was six years before I wrote Brutal Planet. Brutal Planet was a whole different story. Brutal Planet was a story that was talking about, ??What's the world like? Let's get a picture of the future 50 years from now, when all of the systems have failed ?? church, family, school, politics, every system has failed, and there's no God. Let's say that no one believes in God. Well, what have we got? Now we've got Brutal Planet ?? this horrible place that nobody wants to be. That's what that album was about. Dragontown was part two of that, which was a little bit more character driven. I was kind of like showing you characters that are there. The point on that one is, ??You can even be a nice guy and be in Hell. The road to Hell is littered with nice guys with good intentions.' Part three is in the works right now."

http://www.hmmagazine.com/oe/archives/000149.php

And on a side note, there is a very very loose New GnR/Alice connection with this new cd. Greg Hampton who wrote alot of, co-produced, and played guitar on Along Came A Spider is also the singer/guitarist/songwriter in Science Faxtion with Buckethead and Brain.

Edited by tat2d1

Dragontown is a sequel to Brutal Planet, that's why they sound the same. Both are great, Dragontown is better though.

Have you heard The Last Temptation? It's the first in that trilogy. And the best. If you havn't heard it check it out. I think you will like it.

No way, Brutal Planet's definitely the pick of those 2

I agree on that. Dragontown just doesnt do it for me. I rarely listen to it.

Actually, I ready that Alice said 'The Last Temptation' has nothing to do with those two albums.

EDIT: Damn, tat2d1 beat me to it.

Edited by Axls_Shorts_Rule

Yeah me too.

I still play that one a lot.

It harkens back to the era of the C.N.E. riot in Toronto when Alice was a no show.

I've got footage of that...is it on youtube?? (I'll post what I have if it isn't)

I pulled the tape out and had a look at the riot footage last night.

wow!!...St. Louis had nothing on Toronto!

..damn good rock and roll riot!

Both my brothers were there. I also have a bit of footage of that riot. Pretty damn crazy.

It's pretty good. I like it a lot. Couldn't really say much since I only listened to each song once (besides Vengeance Is Mine). I think the whole album is good, but the second half is better in my opinion.

I say download it. It's not like you aren't gonna buy it when it comes out anyway. :lol: