Marshall MG15MSZW or MG50DFX

Well I need an amp and i have narrowed it down to these two. Please i don't want people saying 'MG series is a load of crap' because i've heard it all before and im on a budget of £200 (about $400). Now the thing is i know the micro stack is only a 15w and the combo is 50w, but because the micro stack is not a combo and the MG50DFX is, how louder do you think the mg50dfx would be. a lot ? or not so much ?. If you had to decide between the two which would it be ? or is there any other marshall within my price range that i could get which would be better ?

Edited by jkdrummer

i know you dont want to hear it but the mg amps are shite, why does it have to be am mg just because you are on a budget? you can get better, vox ad or roland cube, or you can get a good valve amp for £200 2nd hand, but if you realy must have the mg get the smallest cheapest one you can find

I went down to my local music shop, i tried the ministack and a mg250dfx and also a line 6 spider III 75w which i really liked i think i may get the Line 6 amp. I will be back at the shop on monday to choose.

thats probably the 2 most hated amps, have you tried a vox ad(whatever wattage you want) or roland cube? these 2 are said to be realy good for the money, are you in a band or play at home? if you play at home you realy dont need a 75w amp

Edited by scottish nutter

I went down to my local music shop, i tried the ministack and a mg250dfx and also a line 6 spider III 75w which i really liked i think i may get the Line 6 amp. I will be back at the shop on monday to choose.

thats probably the 2 most hated amps, have you tried a vox ad(whatever wattage you want) or roland cube? these 2 are said to be realy good for the money, are you in a band or play at home? if you play at home you realy dont need a 75w amp

Its a rubbish 75w though. My 15w Gibson Goldtone could easily beat an AVT150 on volume. I have a 75w Line6 Spider II and it really isn't a bad practice amp. If you haven't got any FX pedals my vote goes to the Line6.

At the moment im jumping in and out of bands and playing for bands when they need a guitarist so can be small pubs or not so small halls, it varys really. Ive tried the Roland cube 60 was a good amp just not the sound i am looking for, but i suppose i could alter that with several pedals. I'll be able to see if there is a Vox ad on monday when i go back to the shop

• 3 weeks later...

My (ex) college got three Spider III combo's for the rehearsal rooms we have. They blew up within the first 3 months. Apparently, thats a common problem with the combo's. Keep a check on it and keep the receipt! In the meantime, have fun rocking! rock3

Edited by Paraseptic_Demon

MG series is great. Best solid-state amps ever

i have an MG30DFX and the only thing i dont like about it is i need a bigger one

my bros old halfstack head is a MG and it sounds like a fuckin tube amp. or thats just his guitar :-)

I have a MG100DFX... it sounds NOTHING like a tube amp. The only thing the MG series is good for is stomping on and fucking with on stage.

I don't bother with amps too often anymore... besides from having a nice bass amp. I just feed my guitars/basses through my Metasonix gear. Epic win.

Edited by Paraseptic_Demon

• 3 weeks later...