AXL's VOICE!

Ghost_Guns

Gunners!  I know I'm not the only one who doesn't try this.  But do you all try and replicate Axl's intro to Welcome to the Jungle.  You wanna get your voice to sound just like Axl's.  I thought it was embarrasing at first, because no bastards down here even listen to Guns N' Roses.  It seems only I.  Let me know if others out there try and get his voice just right!!!  My voice has actually gotten hoarse from singing too much GN'R.  HAHA.  Latah sloppies.

Gunner 4-LIfe

G-Face

Yeh!! I'm always tryin 2 get that intro- or trying to keep up with Axl in 'Oh My God' or work out how the lyrics go in 'The Blues'.

Axls voice cannot be replicated, some people get close but still sound nuthin like him.

Chinese Democracy will start in 2002!

Axl Promised

I agree that it is difficult to replicate his voice for the simple reason that he is a natural baratone(very deep) singer who has stretched his range by using falsetto(the high pitched sound most people make) and a lot of work.  I sing in the GNR tribute band, "Night Train (CA)," and the key is creating the roughness in his voice.  Since I've been able to get past the whole coughing up blood period, I think I've been surprised at how close I can sound.  If you don't believe me, check us out in LA Feb. 8th (planetgig.com).

• 1 year later...

Believe it or not but I can replicate Axl's voice to perfection. I never coughed up any blood or went through all that trouble. It is actually very simple for me. The only thing I cant do is shake my jaw like he does.  

Has anybody heard comedian Jim Brewer replicate Brian Johnson's voice?He sounds frickin' awesome.He did a stand up comedy show for Comedy Central(TV channel) and at the end he talked about how he loved AC/DC.Then he started to sing the Hoki Poki with Brian's voice,It was hilarious.

Has anybody heard comedian Jim Brewer replicate Brian Johnson's voice?He sounds frickin' awesome.He did a stand up comedy show for Comedy Central(TV channel) and at the end he talked about how he loved AC/DC.Then he started to sing the Hoki Poki with Brian's voice,It was hilarious.

Hell yeah that is definately funny...he did some Judas Priest too...just did the scream...kick your boss in the nuts..ooooo

G-Face

I'd like to hear anyone attempt to sing the opening to Rock in Rio III, Welcome to the Jungle.. (You're gonna diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii...........ee!!)

Never heard anyone hold a note so long at such volume before.

Hell yeah that is definately funny...he did some Judas Priest too...just did the scream...kick your boss in the nuts..ooooo

G-Face

Yeah, Breur also did a humorously accurate impersonation of James Hetfield's singing voice, at Metallica's MTV Icon show. He later sang "If You're Happy and You Know It," in the Hetfield voice. :)

Steven Tyler is very difficult to copy too!

Anyway, I'm able to sing like Axl, but just some songs, not all. In each song he uses a different kind of voice and it's quite difficult to be able to reproduce them all..

The point is: Axl's voice has a unique flavour.. And it just naturally rocks a lot!

Believe it or not but I can replicate Axl's voice to perfection. I never coughed up any blood or went through all that trouble. It is actually very simple for me. The only thing I cant do is shake my jaw like he does.  

Huh?... When and how does Axl shake his jaw? ??? :-/