Alice Cooper ..Along Came A Spider

Zint

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok , this is mediocre at best , the guitars are flat most of the time and the whole thing is quite poppish , i expected some grand expresions of pain , something like guns untitled track 2 , this is very boring , and one of the songs sounds like hotel california , 4/10.

You don't know anything about Alice then. You suck at reviewing.

EDIT: I think you're right on the Epilouge Becket. Sounds good to me.

Go fuck yourself , i know alice you dick , but thats just it , he didint stray away from his classic sound , he didnt take risks on this album , he didint surprise me , this is probably his last album , and he should have worked harder on it he should have bowed out with a record that is eclectic and imagenative , this is basic alice , nothing special , dont need some 10 year old amateur telling me how to review.and the ballad killed by lvoe has a riff very remincent of hotel california.

Dumbass

It's not his last dude.

ok , this is mediocre at best , the guitars are flat most of the time and the whole thing is quite poppish , i expected some grand expresions of pain , something like guns untitled track 2 , this is very boring , and one of the songs sounds like hotel california , 4/10.

You don't know anything about Alice then. You suck at reviewing.

EDIT: I think you're right on the Epilouge Becket. Sounds good to me.

Go fuck yourself , i know alice you dick , but thats just it , he didint stray away from his classic sound , he didnt take risks on this album , he didint surprise me , this is probably his last album , and he should have worked harder on it he should have bowed out with a record that is eclectic and imagenative , this is basic alice , nothing special , dont need some 10 year old amateur telling me how to review.

Dumbass

No shit he didn't stray away from his classic sound. Probably because fans usually get all pissed off when bands try to change things up (Metallica, Gn'R, etc.).

His last album? Haha! :lol: Yeah right. He's got a few more up his sleeves. He isn't going to end his career on a concept album.

And for the record, I'm 15 and I probably look older than you. :rolleyes:

dont see another one , it would be overkill anyways.

and excuse me for not being over 500 pounds.

and i didnt ask for a techno album , i just asked for something grand , something like axl's track 2 , something to give the powerful story line s spine that can give it a strong stand .

Edited by Assassin's Creed

That would be retarded to "experiment" and change things up on the last album (which I doubt it is, as other have said) when you are known for a signature sound and have been around for over 30 years. That would be like if Charlie Brown had kicked the football in the last comic.

obviously your a bunch of un creative bunch with little imagination , Alice a brilliant musician , if he picked the right set of musicians along side of him , he could most probably have figured out a way to keep the signature alice sound but give it an update , look at axl , 80% of fans and critics dig his new direction , and it doesnt sway to far from the old direction , and Ac/Dc just get boring after 3 songs , great band , back in black is amazing but very basic. This could have been his Tommy .

There are two types of band. One changes very gradually from one album to another, sometimes so slowly that people don't notice the change at all, like what people accuse AC/DC of doing (which is false in many ways). The other does something very different on each album. One is consistantly consistant and one is consistantly different. Either way, both are consistant, and when you fuck up that pace, it's bad.

im pretty sure alice can evade the consistancy pattern after 25 albums.

id atleast hoped he'd top or match welcome to my nightmare , sadly he didnt and whoever compared only women bleed or i never cry to killed by love well , your an idiot .

and im not gona take crap from some dude with a thing for axl's shorts.

30 albums actually.

And I can't expect him to top WTMN. It's hard to top perfection.

Edit: Oh yeah, and he has changed his sound alot over the years.

Look and Pretties For You and Easy Action then Special Forces, Zipper Catches skin, and Flush The Fashion, then his metal ones Constrictor and Raise Your Fist and Yell. All very different styles.

Edited by Becket

im pretty sure alice can evade the consistancy pattern after 25 albums.

id atleast hoped he'd top or match welcome to my nightmare , sadly he didnt and whoever compared only women bleed or i never cry to killed by love well , your an idiot .

and im not gona take crap from some dude with a thing for axl's shorts.

I'm not taking any shit from a guy with 524 posts and who made a forum name for a game he hadn't even played yet and didn't get to play forwhile. And if you knew anything about me on the forum, I've said before, without people even asking me, that the name is a joke. :rolleyes:

And you compared one of the songs on the album (probably Killed By Love) to Hotel California? What the fuck? :rofl-lol:

killed by love's intro riff sounds similar to hotel california is what i said junior.

Hmmm

and one of the songs sounds like hotel california

I see nothing that says "intro riff" or "similar". You said one of the songs sound like Hotel California, which leads me to believe you think the whole song sounds like it.

Junior.

killed by love's intro riff sounds similar to hotel california is what i said junior.

Hmmm

I see nothing that says "intro riff" or "similar". You said one of the songs sound like Hotel California, which leads me to believe you think the whole song sounds like it.

Junior.

Dude why did you change your name?

LAME.

This could have been his Tommy .

Welcome to My Nightmare was his Tommy.

Billion Dollar Babies was the original band's Tommy.

Those will never be topped.

The guy's about having a bit of fun...he's not Trent Reznor wearing his heart on his sleeve.

For those who bothered to do the right thing and bought the cd,it's clear from the artwork that the whole thing was presented from a tongue-in-cheek Grindhouse approach.

The ONLY comparison I've made from this cd to GnR is Slash's fucking insane killer riffs on Vengeance Is Mine.It guts me to hear that,and think of all the lost years that Slash could have been playing like that in GnR.

Hmmm

Junior.

Dude why did you change your name?

LAME.

'Cos ASR was getting old on my part. :lol:

And for the love of God, could someone explain the epilouge? It went right over my head, other than the mention of Steven.

What I got out of it was...this is a return to the Stephen character.Stephen ended up locked away for 23 years (god knows what he did!!) :lol:

But the epliogue is Stephen talking with the voices in his head.."we couldn't have done all those things,we've been locked up for 23 years".

It's like...the events never really happened,it all took place in Stephen's head...but if he ever gets out!!

That's how I took it...that the whole thing was a thrill kill fantasy in Stephen's head while locked away.

A friend asked me the other day,"so is the underlying theme of this,Stephen finds God?"

And you know,I was thinking the same thing...born again Christians are masters at slipping a little "salvation" into anything.

I was suspicious of Salvation from the first listen...but hey,no harm done.

I don't really care for a subliminally preachy Alice,but I'll let it slide cuz I'm really digging this cd!

Edited by zint61

This could have been his Tommy .

Welcome to My Nightmare was his Tommy.

Billion Dollar Babies was the original band's Tommy.

Those will never be topped.

The guy's about having a bit of fun...he's not Trent Reznor wearing his heart on his sleeve.

For those who bothered to do the right thing and bought the cd,it's clear from the artwork that the whole thing was presented from a tongue-in-cheek Grindhouse approach.

The ONLY comparison I've made from this cd to GnR is Slash's fucking insane killer riffs on Vengeance Is Mine.It guts me to hear that,and think of all the lost years that Slash could have been playing like that in GnR.

That's what I thought when I first saw the names of the songs in the booklet.

When I got it I opened it up right away before I even got home with it, to check out the inside and just by the artwork I thought "Oh yeah, this is gonna be a good one."