The Darkness

gnrlies

I thought id start the thread for em...

Im not even british and I reckon they are a champ band...

I saw them last week and they won me over... Cant wait to see them again soon with hopefully a new album...

They are making an impression in australia at the moment. It wont be long until they are pretty big i reckon...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DIE TRAGICALLY YOUNG.

if that was a pass at my respect for the darnkess you can suck my dick...

They are a great fucking band...

If you diss them out, but then go back and listen to to nothing but GNR then you suck...

They are unoriginal as hell, but the fact of the matter is that they can belt out a good rock song.. And get over justins falsetto voice. It aint that bad. Ppl who are set in their ways just take it and run with it to say they are shit...

DIE TRAGICALLY YOUNG.

If you diss them out, but then go back and listen to to nothing but GNR then you suck...

They are unoriginal as hell, but the fact of the matter is that they can belt out a good rock song.. And get over justins falsetto voice. It aint that bad. Ppl who are set in their ways just take it and run with it to say they are shit...

i will let your ignorance of my personal musical tastes slide this time lad.

the darkness suck for more reasons than terrible craftmanship alone.

they are a sham and you have been tricked.

enjoy your newly found baptism of shit taste.

DIE TRAGICALLY YOUNG.

Mate, theres only so many times you can listen to the same shit over and over...

My tip to you...

Cut your hair, have a shower, lose the greasy image and get out there and listen to music for what its worth.

Dont worry about where and how and why the music came about, just worry about the fact that the music is fucking awesome, and makes you want to get up and do air guitar to it. I havent been sucked in for shit. I listen to this cos I reckon its good. Maybe I will get over it in a months time, or maybe not, but the fact is that for the moment right now, im having fun with it.

Thats more than I can say for half the fuckers in this forum still waiting for "Chinese Democracy" which is probably gonna be shit anyway.

DIE TRAGICALLY YOUNG.

Right on, T_G.

The Darkness are simply a modernized version of The Monkees.

The Darkness Rock, unless you can name a new rock band that is better that got stater after 2000...

Most of these people here don't like them because they make fun of the whole image and song writing of 80's rock band, thus GnR fans find this music offense because it is not serious in their tastes

Edited by spazprm

im taking gnrlies' side on this just because i hate people who post on threads like this and say they hate the band just to piss someone off. that's childish as hell, im not even legally an adult and i think some people who are probably twice my age need potty lessons again. a lot of u need to grow the fuck up. im not gonna get involved in this shit cause i kinda got a life besides goin through the message boards harassing people.

fucking nerds lol jk.

yea thats my lil comment for controversy today.

• 5 months later...
I got into Guns N' Roses because The Darkness  introduced me to real rock.

(sorry to bring this thread up again)

Please don't ever put those two names in the same sentence again...

The Darkness is a one-hit-wonder.

So success only counts if it happens in the U.S?? They're 5 times platinum in the UK.

THE DARKNESS ARE JUST A RIP OFF OF EVERYTHING GOOD IN ROCK HISTORY AND THEY HAVE MADE A MOCKERY OF IT.....THEY DESERVE TO BE SHOT BY A FIRING SQUAD FOR WHAT THEY HAVE DONE.

THIS IS FOR ALL THE DARKNESS LOVERS OUT THERE :fuckyou:

P.S. most of us in the UK are sick of them now so theyve moved on to other countries because we know how shit they are. there 100% naff

So success only counts if it happens in the U.S?? They're 5 times platinum in the UK.

I didn't say that. I just think people in general now consider them a on-hit-wonder. They had one big single and then nada..

Trust me, that is a very easy feat in the UK

DIE TRAGICALLY YOUNG.

I agree with you with all the ton of crap coming out the darkness is fucking awesome dont understand the witchhunt after them.

They kick bon jovi hooray for tolerance! anytime.

(he hates them apparently)

• 3 months later...
They kick bon jovi hooray for tolerance! anytime.

(he hates them apparently)

I don't think the guy in The Darkness shares your opinion.But you're right.JBJ never said one single positive thing about them.

On the other hand i think they are a decent band,better tahn most of teh bands out there:

TheDarkness.jpg

Christ. Everyone's arguments against the darkness are pathetic. I'll try to argue some of em.

'the darkness are a modernized version of the monkees'

Not true at all <_< . The Darkness aint manufactoured. They formed when they were younger in their home town, not when they were all established musicians.

'the darkness are a one hit wonder'

Again not true. Listen to permission to land.

'the darkness suck, because someone i love in music says so'

Fuck off you ignorant shit.

'They rip off everything to do with rock music'

Depends how you choose to look at it. As a fan of the darkness, I personally think, and I know they feel the same, because they talk about it in interviews and during shows, that they are using their style to pay hommage to ye olde gods of rock. They're into the same type of music you are, so its bound to have an effect on the way they play.

'the darkness are overplayed by the media'

100% NOT their fault. Its their fucking job to try and get on the news as much as possible. Back when GnR were big, and Axl hadnt become a hermit, gnr were trying for the exact same thing. (sorry to compare the darkness to gnr people who are likely to get offended, but seeing as gnr is the only thing you guys can acctualy use as a comparison, it only seemed fitting)

I used to be an average fan of the darkness till I saw em live, and if you go to see em, or even watch a bootleg ffs, you cant deny that they put a lot of effort into it. The thing i respect about them the most is that they play EVERY gig, no matter how small as if its the last day they'll ever play an instrument, so they put everything into it.

kthnx.

The Darkness rock, pure and simple, live they are awesome. Great musicians, way better guitarists than Robin fuck-it-up Finck. And they play music from an awesome era 70 glam rock.

If you don't take it so seriously and take offense to the fact that they are all better players than you, they are quite a fun rockin' good time to listen to.

Anal retentive people need not listen to them.

'the darkness are a one hit wonder'

Again not true. Listen to permission to land

ya....and....they ARE a one hit wonder, they fuckin blow man, i mean they are ok to an extent but i would be very surprised if they put a new album out that even remotely sells in the US, didnt permission to land totally flop in north america??i just cant stand this band, i think if you want more of a classic rock sound to a band then silvertide blows them 100% a out of the water, this is a band who knows how to rock, the darkness has minor talent but i dunno, his voice is too much