Rush to perform on the Colbert Report tonight!

Zint

..just a head's up!

"RUSH will perform live on Comedy Central's The Colbert Report Wednesday, July 16th!! The show airs at 11:30pm et/pt. Please check your local listings for air times. This rare TV appearance is one you don't want to miss!"

..apparantly they are doing Tom Sawyer

Cool, I'll have to check it out.

Why are they going to be on it though?

This could be just BS from a local radio guy, but he said Colbert wanted to get Rush Limbaugh on the show and he

declined, so they got Rush instead. Either way I'm looking forward to seeing them perform "Tom Sawyer".

It's not easy to get Rush to perform on American television, so I definitely have to see this.

It isn't easy to get them to do any t.v.

If they find the premise funny though...they're totally into it.

Wicked sense of humour on those guys!

Edited by zint61

It's not easy to get Rush to perform on American television, so I definitely have to see this.

It isn't easy to get them to do any t.v.

If they find the premise funny though...they're totally into to it.

Wicked sense of humour on those guys!

Yeah really. Definitely didn't expect anything like this.

God Damn it. I turned on the show about 10 minutes into it. I figured they would play at the end, I guess they played at the beginning and I missed it. 1st time I've ever watched this Colbert show, seemed pretty funny. Is it available on you-tube or did Comedy Central force them to remove it already?

God Damn it. I turned on the show about 10 minutes into it. I figured they would play at the end, I guess they played at the beginning and I missed it. 1st time I've ever watched this Colbert show, seemed pretty funny. Is it available on you-tube or did Comedy Central force them to remove it already?

Yeah I feel asleep and missed it.

A youtube link by anyone, would be much appreciated.

Didn't they cut to commercial in the middle of the song? Well, it may not have been the middle but the band was still playing. I guess if they make it available online then that doesn't matter. Still, they make a big deal of Rush and then Colbert jumps on stage while they are playing. Not sure I'd be all that happy myself. Can't say I found Colbert to be very funny either, certainly not anything that any other late night talk show host couldn't come up with.

Seems to me the show to play is Kimmel. You get to play on stage outside, more songs to more fans.

Anyways, I'm not a Rush fan. Just can't dig Lee's voice at all.

Didn't they cut to commercial in the middle of the song? Well, it may not have been the middle but the band was still playing. I guess if they make it available online then that doesn't matter. Still, they make a big deal of Rush and then Colbert jumps on stage while they are playing. Not sure I'd be all that happy myself. Can't say I found Colbert to be very funny either, certainly not anything that any other late night talk show host couldn't come up with.

Seems to me the show to play is Kimmel. You get to play on stage outside, more songs to more fans.

Their appearance on the show was meant to be played as a gag...not serious.

The band knew it too.

The premise being that Rush songs go on forever..

OK--so Rush to me is most underated band IMHO of all time. I have 3 brilliant bands I adore more than anybody--- and they are Led Zep, Pink Floyd, and Rush----IMHO Rush never get the credit they deserve---3 of the most brilliant musicians to ever grace a stage----bash if you want----I have not even seen the performance tonight but I know how great they are. I know Alex Lifeson was influenced by Jimmy Page but he evolved with his own style and to me is one of the most underated guitarists I have ever heard. Just my humble opinion of course----another great thing is that the 3 members have stayed together for almost 35 years !!!! (Neil Peart joined after the 1st record)

La Villa Strangiato !!!!!!!

Their appearance on the show was meant to be played as a gag...not serious.

The band knew it too.

The premise being that Rush songs go on forever..

Went right over my head, I guess!

OK--so Rush to me is most underated band IMHO of all time.IMHO Rush never get the credit they deserve

Not from Canada are you.. :tongue2:

good point.

the members of rush are practically national heroes up there.

yeah, i had a rush obsession a couple years ago...

but that was then...

OK--so Rush to me is most underated band IMHO of all time.IMHO Rush never get the credit they deserve

Not from Canada are you.. :tongue2:

No--I am from Chicago USA----but a huge Rush fan since the release of 2112 in the 70's

wish i coulda been a fan of rush since the 70s :angry:

but then again i would have had to experience the reagan years :scared: