Are there bands that make Hard Rock music today???

Projected

Seriously. I'm going through today bands I still haven't got to chance to know, and every fucking thing is this pussy shitfaced crap Indie with 20-something college boys singing with their piss poor emotional voices and stupid clean power chords played on a Telecaster.

Arctic Monkeys, The Kooks, Modest Mouse, Franz Ferdinand, Destroyer, The Hold Steady... etc.

SHIT!!!!

Are there any bands today (except for the obvious ones like Def Leppard, VR, Muse - Who suck ass, by the way) that kick you in the face with real Hard Rock?

Help me out here.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Killers are quite nice, but I can't listen to them for more than three songs in a row. Very tiresome.

Didn't like the Libertines, will check out Bloc Party.

Oh, just remembered another over-hyped shit band - Biffy Clyro.

EDIT: Foo Fighters lost me a long time ago. They ran out of ideas. Their material is really tiresome, like The Killers.

Edited by Projected

Killers are quite nice, but I can't listen to them for more than three songs in a row. Very tiresome.

Didn't like the Libertines, will check out Bloc Party.

Oh, just remembered another over-hyped shit band - Biffy Clyro.

EDIT: Foo Fighters lost me a long time ago. They ran out of ideas. Their material is really tiresome, like The Killers.

If you havn't listened to their latest album you might like it, it's a lot heavier and different to their earlier stuff, there goes my " i could never give you music advice " remark :xmasssanta:

Three words, FOO - FUCKIN' - FIGHTERS. You can argue against it all you like but these guys are the best hard rock act out there, who else can fill Wembley Stadium two nights in a row.

HELL YEAH BROTHER

PRO-RECORDING OF THE FOO FIGHTERS WITH PAGE AND JOHN PAUL JONES SINGING ROCK N ROLL.

http://bbs.foofighters.com/showthread.php?t=121688

Other good bands

Papa Roach

Smashing Pumpkins

VR

Muse

The Raconteurs

White Stripes

Buckcherry

Black Crowes

Gov't Mule

Damiera

Killers

Jet

Blind Melon

Kid Rock

tons of them, keep your eyes open.

Other good bands

Papa Roach - Nu metal shit.

Smashing Pumpkins - I said not the obvious ones

VR - Same.

Muse - Suck donkey balls

The Raconteurs - Not any more than decent.

White Stripes - Crap.

Buckcherry - Meh...

Black Crowes - Meh...

Gov't Mule - Nope.

Damiera - Will check out.

Killers - Pretty nice, a bit tiring.

Jet - Indie Bullshit.

Blind Melon - Shit since Hoon died.

Kid Rock - Are you kidding me?

tons of them, keep your eyes open.

Still looking.

I saw you mentioning a pretty kick ass band yourself, a few weeks ago:

Volbeat.

But I guess it debatable if they fall under Hardrock and not only Metal.

That was like two months ago.

They are quite ok. I like them. But they are not good enough to just break into my constant playlist. They are just... another band.

I saw you mentioning a pretty kick ass band yourself, a few weeks ago:

Volbeat.

But I guess it debatable if they fall under Hardrock and not only Metal.

That was like two months ago.

They are quite ok. I like them. But they are not good enough to just break into my constant playlist. They are just... another band.

Yeah ok, I see your point. Their songs can get pretty "same-ish".

I'll say it again like I do every other time this comes up.

www.myspace.com/medusastone Here

Every song of their's is good, but for what you want, I suggest Loaded Gun. All of their songs are good hard rockers though.

www.myspace.com/americanminor Here

All songs good.

And I agree with you. Hard rock is pretty much dead. Hard rock is the best. I know what I like, and what I like is hard rock. It's what really gets me off, and it's really hard to find now, except with the aging acts.

Edited by DirtyDeeds

"Ooh listen to my emotional voice and our generic drumming and boring power chords!"

Are there bands that can kick my ass, similar to the way Out ta Get me did back in the day?

wow i watched about 30 seconds and stopped, it was that crappy. and no there really arent any bands like that anymore, unfortunately.

check out Tesla's Reel to Real albums all songs are classic rock covers I thought they were great, and they have a new CD commin in Oct.

You most likely remember Tesla for their hit Love Song or the acoustic cover of Signs but they are much more then those two songs most underrated band ever imo. 2nd to only GN'R for me.

Real to Reel #1 (track listing)

Track Listing:

1. Space Truckin'

2. Walk Away

3. Hand Me Down World

4. Bad Reputation

5. Thank You

6. I've Got A Feeling

7. Day Of The Eagle

8. Ball Of Confusion

9. Rock Bottom

10. Stealin'

11. Bell Bottom Blues

12. Honky Tonk Women

13. Dear Mr. Fantasy

Real to Reel #2 (track listing)

1. All The Young Dudes

2. Make It Last

3. Shooting Star

4. Not Fragile

5. Street Fighting Man

6. It Is My Body

7. I Want To Take You Higher

8. Do You Feel Like We Do

9. Beer Drinkers And Hellraisers

10. Seasons Of Wither

11. Saturday Night Special

12. War Pigs

To be honest, I don't really think there's any bands that are like that today. I find acts like Buckcherry and Avenged Sevenfold to be below average bands, who only have popularity because they are the "best" on the market currently.

What I mean is, there's nothing original being produced.

Take a look at Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, the Stones, Deep Purple, etc ... all bands under the same genre, but produced music that was very good quality, but, most importantly, they had their own sound. I believe that Guns N' Roses or Oasis were the last of these artists. This is the main problem today. Most of the Hard Rock bands nowadays sound the exact same and it's boring. Then there's the dated sound of Motley Crue, Sebastian Bach and others, which doesn't help either. Even AC/DC have become parodies of themselves.

This is why I quite like what Muse are doing. I'm a huge Muse fan. They do use elements of Hard Rock in their music (Just take a listen to something like "Citizen Erased", "Hysteria", "Knights of Cydonia", "Muscle Museum" or "Plug In Baby" for examples of this), but they've progressed the overall sound. It's modern, it's fresh. If more artists did something different, then we'd have more of a Hard Rock scene.

Muse are just too... Heavy. Not like as in Heavy Metal... Their music is just heavy on my mind, everytime I listen to them is like a 500kg weight is pressing my mind. It's driving me crazy. Can't find anything refreshing about that.

Checked both Madusa and American Minor. Too Buckcherry for me. The American Minor guitarist does a hell of a job, but the sound overall is just... Meh... Not anything special. Vocals are a huge turn off, too.

Come on, amaze me!