DAVE MUSTAINE: 'BUCKETHEAD Is Probably Twice As Good A Guitar Player As Me And SLASH Combined'

mahimahi

I don't understand why people war Bucket against Slash.

They are two totally different styles.

Thing is, Bucket can play Slash's - and not the other way round.

Both guitar Gods, love them for who they are.

how do you know slash cant play buckets stuff? just because he doesnt play like that doesnt mean he cant, anyway its all opinion on who is better, and opinions are like arseholes, everybody has one :D

Actually, I had a friend who had cancer of the bowels, so they removed them along with most of the lower intestines. They then attached a colostomy bag and stitched her rectum up to eliminate risk of infection.

So, not everyone has an asshole, it seems.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree.

I say this time and time again, but Buckethead's main talent is repeating his guitar playing continuously until I switch off my iPod from boredom. I like listening to guitars, but I get sick and tired of listening to him after two minutes on Nottingham Lace or Jordan. I've listened to a couple more of his tracks in hopes of liking some of his other work, yet its still disappointing.

I just don't understand how people appreciate Buckethead's repetitive noise over Slash's work in Guns N' Roses. I guess that's just me though. :unsure:

It's not just you.

Buckethead is a wonderful guitar player. Really almost unhuman. But he can masturbate his guitar with his repetitive scales going up and down with the speed of light, but he will never touch the level of feel, creativity and emotion in Slash's worst work.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Thing is, that Buckethead don't have the capacity to write solos like Slash.

Therefore; Slash > Buckethead

Which Buckethead albums have you listened to?

I point you in the direction of Colma and Population Override.

Which Buckethead albums have you listened to?

I point you in the direction of Colma and Population Override.

or electric tears

or gorgone

or chicken noodles

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I haven't listened to a whole album. I think I've listened to about 15 songs from him. All of them are songs people have recommended, so I guess they should be counted as his best according to these people..

how do you know slash cant play buckets stuff? just because he doesnt play like that doesnt mean he cant, anyway its all opinion on who is better, and opinions are like arseholes, everybody has one :D

Actually, I had a friend who had cancer of the bowels, so they removed them along with most of the lower intestines. They then attached a colostomy bag and stitched her rectum up to elim :Dinate risk of infection.

So, not everyone has an asshole, it seems.

poor woman, but had one so that still counts

Edited by scottish nutter

I think Buckethead is great...but I also think that image counts for alot. and dude, buckethead just looks like a clown...Slash on the other hand, while maybe not as good a player, has image and I think that makes him a better player.

The fuck?

I don't think Mustaine gives himself or Slash enough credit, sure Bucket is oodles faster and tends to mess around a lot more with his writing and solos, but fact is not a lot of either is very listenable. Not to most people, I mean sure, he has a cult following, but that's all it'll ever be, because of the very nature of his music.

I'd take Hangar 18 and Holy Wars, over Jordan and Soothsayer any day.

I think Buckethead is great...but I also think that image counts for alot. and dude, buckethead just looks like a clown...Slash on the other hand, while maybe not as good a player, has image and I think that makes him a better player.

WOW! This is great, I really should put this as my signature...

The fuck?

Thats logic for ya :lol:

Slash while not the technically superior player is the better writer.

Colma, yeah whatever, it's a decent album but it isn't that good.

As for Slash not being able to play Bucketheads stuff, well, Bucket couldn't play all of Slash's stuff either simply due to differing styles. Hell, Slash can't even play most of Slash's stuff.

That same logic, I could say CC DeVille is a better guitar player than Slash because he's cuter.

Um, no one is cuter than Slash. Is this comment why you got banned? If so, I support the mods 100%.

:xmassrudolph: on that slash is the cutest of them all or on the banning thing?

as far as the doofus who said slash's image makes him a "Better" player, well we all know that is ridiculous. I think, though, that I see where that poster was coming from. Image is very important to many fans, including myself, and a big part of the appeal when I was young and first got into Guns was Axl's outrageous clothing and mannerisms, as well as Slash's impeccable cool with the dangling cig, leathers and tophat, as well as his mannerisms and way of holding the guitar. I can appreciate Buckets playing, and you wont hear me ever say anyone is technically better than him, he is outstanding. However, Slash brings more to the table for me personally, with his image, his bluesy style, and the way he plays solos that compliment the song, never shredding for the sake of shredding. A good example would be Dont Cry solo, really nothing fast or technically difficult, yet it fits perfectly in the context of the song