DAVE MUSTAINE: 'BUCKETHEAD Is Probably Twice As Good A Guitar Player As Me And SLASH Combined'

mahimahi

I expect a backlash on behalf of our slashites.

No way man. Slash is so cool and he plays with so much more feelings. :lol:

Slashlites response :rofl-lol:

I think Buckethead is great...but I also think that image counts for alot. and dude, buckethead just looks like a clown...Slash on the other hand, while maybe not as good a player, has image and I think that makes him a better player.

^^^^^^ i saw this post before i posted my original comments....OK, no comments :lol:

Edited by Funeral

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can appreciate Buckets playing, and you wont hear me ever say anyone is technically better than him, he is outstanding. However, Slash brings more to the table for me personally, with his image, his bluesy style, and the way he plays solos that compliment the song, never shredding for the sake of shredding. A good example would be Dont Cry solo, really nothing fast or technically difficult, yet it fits perfectly in the context of the song

well said.

BH has awesome technical skills and can probably play just about anything. Maybe that's part of his problem--what is he really? Does anyone really buy him as a rock guitarist?

There's reasons he's been turned down by the likes of RHCP, Ozzie, etc. while other guitarists of less technical skill have careers and legacy's that will leave him in the dust.

Sad to say, but for a guy who wears a Michael Myers mask and KFC bucket on his head, he has no real identity....