Prince's Music

Vincent Vega

Do you like Prince's music?  

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I guess I should've known

by the way you parked your car sideways

That it wouldn't last

You're the kinda person, believes in makin out once

Love 'em and love 'em fast

I guess I must be dumb

cuz u had a pocket full of horses

Trojan and some of them used

But it was saturday night

I guess that makes it all right

And you say what have I got 2 lose?

And honey I say

Little red corvette

Baby youre much 2 fast

Little red corvette

U need a love thats gonna last

I guess I shoulda closed my eyes

When u drove me 2 the place

Where your horses run free

cuz I felt a little ill

When I saw all the pictures

Of the jockeys that were there before me

Believe it or not

I started to worry

I wondered if I had enough class

But it was saturday night

I guess that makes it all right

And u say, baby, have u got enough gas?

Oh yeah

Little red corvette

Baby youre much 2 fast, yes u r

Little red corvette

U need 2 find a love thats gonna last

A body like yours (a body like yours)

Oughta be in jail (oughta be in jail)

cuz its on the verge of bein obscene

(cuz its on the verge of bein obscene)

Move over baby (move over baby)

Gimme the keys (gimme the keys)

Im gonna try 2 tame your little red love machine

(Im gonna try 2 tame your little red love machine)

Little red corvette

Baby youre much 2 fast

Little red corvette

Little red corvette

Honey u got 2 slow down (got 2 slow down)

Little red corvette

cuz if u dont u gonna run your

Little red corvette right in the ground

(little red corvette)

Right down 2 the ground (honey u got 2 slow down)

U, u, u got 2 slow down (little red corvette)

Youre movin much 2 fast (2 fast)

Girl, u got an ass like I never seen

And the ride...

I say the ride is so smooth

U must be a limousine

Baby youre much 2 fast

Little red corvette

U need a love, u need a love thats

Thats gonna last

(little red corvette)

U got 2 slow down (u got 2 slow down)

Little red corvette

cuz if u dont, cuz if u dont,

U gonna run your body right into the ground (right into the ground)

Right into the ground (right into the ground)

Right into the ground (right into the ground)

Funny, I just had a conversation about him with some buddies. They judge him solely on the song "Kiss", hence why a lot of people find him "gay", I believe. Personally, I love his music, Sign 'O' the Times, 1999 and Purple Rain are flawless albums. I heard a song on VH1 a while ago that I really liked too, from the latter part of his career, I think it was called "Gold".

Prince would be my pick for the single most important musician to emerge in the last thirty years. At his best, he is entirely peerless. I do wish that he'd focus less on quantity than quality in the twilight of his career. He's a lot like Woody Allen that way, unfortunately.

Prince would be my pick for the single most important musician to emerge in the last thirty years. At his best, he is entirely peerless. I do wish that he'd focus less on quantity than quality in the twilight of his career. He's a lot like Woody Allen that way, unfortunately.

dont over do it Ang', they'll tar you with the kook brush :lol:

On topic: nothing against him, he's definitely got his groove and i've always meant to have a real crack at his shit but theres just so much other shit that seems to take priority for one reason or another.

Gay? what do you mean gay, how can music be gay?!?! Damn, you're a Stones fans Honks, Mick was hardly a towering pillar of masculinity all the time. Shit, queers are what spice up music, straightness dont got no rhythm y'know, gotta get bent, gotta have that down-home WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO quality.

I don't know.. in what terms? Influence on r'n'b and so on? I consider artists like Pixies, Sonic Youth, Nirvana, Public Enemy Run-D.M.C, Oasis more important; let alone a lot of rappers from the past 20-15 years.

Gay? what do you mean gay, how can music be gay?!?! Damn, you're a Stones fans Honks, Mick was hardly a towering pillar of masculinity all the time. Shit, queers are what spice up music, straightness dont got no rhythm y'know, gotta get bent, gotta have that down-home WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO quality.

Look at his username - Elton John isn't exactly an ideal representative for the heterosexual community either. :lol:

Prince is a genious, the man is brilliant more talented than many musicians from his generation.

I love the way he uses metaphores in all his songs to talk about sex in a very sensual and unique way, like Lady Red Corvette is not about a girl driving a corvette.. Darling Nikki, When Doves Cry are so intense and sexual he's not afraid of taking risks on his music and because of that many people worship him. :wub:

Plus he's got an incredible sex appeal.. :rolleyes:

I don't know.. in what terms? Influence on r'n'b and so on? I consider artists like Pixies, Sonic Youth, Nirvana, Public Enemy Run-D.M.C, Oasis more important; let alone a lot of rappers from the past 20-15 years.

Influence on music in general. And if you can single out a more profoundly gifted musician to appear over that time, good going, but I cant.

A case can be made for the rap pioneers being more important for creating a new genre. But Oasis, important...huh? :blink:

Edited by Angelica

Influence on music in general. And if you can single out a more profoundly gifted musician to appear over that time, good going, but I cant.

A case can be made for the rap pioneers being more important for creating a new genre. But Oasis, important...huh? :blink:

I can't really see much Prince influence in any other genre than modern r'n'b. :huh: Gifted - what does that even mean? Talented? First person to come to mind is Kurt. Further examples are Michael Jackson and Noel Gallagher.

I consider Oasis important due to the whole revival of British music in the '90s; you know, "cool Britannia". I doubt there would be any Spice Girls, for instance, if it wasn't for Oasis.

The Smiths and The Stone Roses are also good examples of musicians I find more important and gifted than Prince.

I can't really see much Prince influence in any other genre than modern r'n'b. :huh: Gifted - what does that even mean? Talented? First person to come to mind is Kurt. Further examples are Michael Jackson and Noel Gallagher.

I consider Oasis important due to the whole revival of British music in the '90s; you know, "cool Britannia". I doubt there would be any Spice Girls, for instance, if it wasn't for Oasis.

The Smiths and The Stone Roses are also good examples of musicians I find more important and gifted than Prince.

Oasis are very important to British music, but they've hardly had a big impact in the US. People don't think of them as a cool band at all, they kind of get made fun of for liking them. Everyone knows Wonderwall and Champagne Supernova and thats about it.

Prince is cool but I'd hardly say he's the most important musician...at all. He is very unique and a good guitarist. Little Red Corvette is such a good song.

Oasis are very important to British music, but they've hardly had a big impact in the US. People don't think of them as a cool band at all, they kind of get made fun of for liking them. Everyone knows Wonderwall and Champagne Supernova and thats about it.

We aren't talking solely about the US here, we're talking about worldwide importance. ;) I'd say Oasis were very important all over the world, in the US included. They helped putting British media on the map again.

I vaguely remember a video by Prince or Symbol or Tafkap, I don't know, in which he's with his band I think. Everything's kinda glittery and golden. I loved this song when I was young but I absolutely can't remember what its name is.

Does anyone maybe know the song? I youtube'd it but I didn't find it.

I vaguely remember a video by Prince or Symbol or Tafkap, I don't know, in which he's with his band I think. Everything's kinda glittery and golden. I loved this song when I was young but I absolutely can't remember what its name is.

Sounds like "Gold" from his under-appreciated album "The Gold Experience." Great track, love the video.

Sounds like "Gold" from his under-appreciated album "The Gold Experience." Great track, love the video.

Now if I could find the video somewhere...It seems Prince doesn't want his songs to be on youtube or something.