Light My Fire guitar solo

DirtyDeeds

It sucks.

It's completely without direction and fluidity. This sounds like something I'd play while lying on my back on my bed and flipping through channels with my big toe. The rest of the song is great, but man is the guitar solo horrendous.

You're welcome. What do you want? I'm stuck "working" at a store that averages 1 customer every 2 hours, so all I have is mygnrforum and the radio... so I combined the two. When I heard it on the radio, I had to comment since this has been bothering me for years.

It's ok -

The song itself , I like, but I really appreciate it when I hear it stripped down

Saw the VH1 special - Classic albums - on the Doors 1st album and they were showing Krieger playing the acoustic and how he came up with the parts.... Very cool

I with the Oliver Stone movie focused more on the brilliance of the Door's music rather than the booze/drug stories of Morrison

That's Robbie's song...(with Ray's embellishments).

Pretty damn good considering he was...what...19?...20? when he wrote it?

Jim takes it and of course puts his dark tones to it,but kudos to Robbie for a great tune!

i think its amazing, i much prefer the proper long version cuz....theres not a lot too it otherwise. it works very well compacted dont get me wrong but....maybe i listened to a lot of that stuff stoned or something for too long a period of my life but The Doors and all their soloing was/is like a fucking orgasm :)

You're welcome. What do you want? I'm stuck "working" at a store that averages 1 customer every 2 hours, so all I have is mygnrforum and the radio...

Well, you've got a computer. Do something constructive, learn Flash or something...

Yeah, I don't like that solo either.