Wolfmother split up

Marky

you 80's metal head.

:blink:

Dude, Patton is anything but an '80s metal head.

Like I said before, I'm not as avid a Patton fan as some are, but if you were to call Patton a "metal head" to some of his fans they'd probably castrate you. Faith No More certainly had their heavy moments, but nothing on Mr. Bungle, Fantomas, Peeping Tom or Tomahawk can be so easily classified; nor can his work with artists like John Zorn. Naked City is a far cry from heavy metal in any way, shape or form.

mate he hasn't done shit worth talking about since faith, thats why the washed up tool always run's his mouth, he was jealous because young kids were rocking out to wolfmother, and not his 60's italian bullshit.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you 80's metal head.

:blink:

Dude, Patton is anything but an '80s metal head.

Like I said before, I'm not as avid a Patton fan as some are, but if you were to call Patton a "metal head" to some of his fans they'd probably castrate you. Faith No More certainly had their heavy moments, but nothing on Mr. Bungle, Fantomas, Peeping Tom or Tomahawk can be so easily classified; nor can his work with artists like John Zorn. Naked City is a far cry from heavy metal in any way, shape or form.

mate he hasn't done shit worth talking about since faith, thats why the washed up tool always run's his mouth, he was jealous because young kids were rocking out to wolfmother, and not his 60's italian bullshit.

Kinda agree

But Faith No More and Mr Bungle were awesome

I don't think Pattons jealous he just doesn't want to be mainstream he wants to experimental.

This is pretty much the reason Faith No More split up in the first place.

I sort of like some of their songs.

I like FNM/Patton but he can go a bit over the top with his "it's the future" routine - good music is good music.

Faith No More Reunion 2014!!!!

That song is pretty good.

But whenever I hear them, I can't stop thinking how much better they would sound with a rock singer with some range.

mate he hasn't done shit worth talking about since faith,

A lot of people would disagree with that.

You're on a message board for a band whose frontman was one of many artists inspired by Patton's '90s output. Mr. Bungle's Disco Volante is one of the most highly regarded albums of the 1990s; likewise, Fantomas' Director's Cut is one of the most highly regarded of this decade. Just because his albums aren't easily accessible like Wolfmother doesn't mean they're bad, or that people don't like them; by that logic, the Jonas Brothers are better than Sonic Youth. His albums are more experimental and thus, by their very nature, more likely to entice music buffs and critics rather than the average person. You can't say he hasn't done anything worth talking about since Faith just because Faith was his most popular group, especially when most of his subsequent work received better overall reviews and recognition from the industry.

Besides, I very much doubt the reason Patton talked shit about Wolfmother is because people weren't rocking out to his Italian orchestra, since that album was a soundtrack for a low-budget movie that barely any people would end up seeing anyway.

You're on a message board for a band whose frontman was one of many artists inspired by Patton's '90s output. Mr. Bungle's Disco Volante is one of the most highly regarded albums of the 1990s; likewise, Fantomas' Director's Cut is one of the most highly regarded of this decade. Just because his albums aren't easily accessible like Wolfmother doesn't mean they're bad, or that people don't like them; by that logic, the Jonas Brothers are better than Sonic Youth. His albums are more experimental and thus, by their very nature, more likely to entice music buffs and critics rather than the average person. You can't say he hasn't done anything worth talking about since Faith just because Faith was his most popular group, especially when most of his subsequent work received better overall reviews and recognition from the industry.

Besides, I very much doubt the reason Patton talked shit about Wolfmother is because people weren't rocking out to his Italian orchestra, since that album was a soundtrack for a low-budget movie that barely any people would end up seeing anyway.

Uh, the Italian thing he was doing has nothing to do with that movie...... different projects.....

Also, assuie_axl, just because someone says something different than what u think about a band, doesn't mean that you have to mindlessly trash them. It's called an opinion!

On topic, oh well that they broke up. I thought they were almost ok.

I love how Patton is taken as God on a GN'R forum. Wolfmother was a decent band, their debut album was not bad at all. Yet just because Patton says some shit about them or even Axl, some members here take it as if God himself had came down and spewed that shit.

Lay off the guy's dick already, he's way overrated.

I love how Patton is taken as God on a GN'R forum. Wolfmother was a decent band, their debut album was not bad at all. Yet just because Patton says some shit about them or even Axl, some members here take it as if God himself had came down and spewed that shit.

Actually I think FNM and Mr Bungle were underrated especially Mr Bungle

Yet just because Patton says some shit about them or even Axl,

Are you sure the reason you're bashing him doesn't have anything to do with this?

Only on music forums. Most people don't really know who he is, and even people who do aren't really aware of half the stuff he's done. He's alright, but he's definitely overrated by some esoteric music fans who masturbate to his mashing of genres. There's no denying, however, that he's insanely versatile and creative, and just because he's a prick doesn't discredit his music; Axl's a prick, too. Sometimes it's part of the appeal. They're rock stars, not politicians.

Are you sure the reason you're bashing him doesn't have anything to do with this?

Umm, yeah I'm positive. Almost the entire music scene bashes Axl, doesn't mean I bash all of them. I know that may sound like an illegimate reason, but that's how I feel.

Only on music forums. Most people don't really know who he is, and even people who do aren't really aware of half the stuff he's done. He's alright, but he's definitely overrated by some esoteric music fans who masturbate to his mashing of genres. There's no denying, however, that he's insanely versatile and creative, and just because he's a prick doesn't discredit his music; Axl's a prick, too. Sometimes it's part of the appeal. They're rock stars, not politicians.

Right, I'm not talking about his ego though. But your right, it is only on music forums, thankfully. He is talented, and I guess, in essence, has a right to be a prick. My problem with him isn't really with him, moreso the hanger-ons who insist he's the greatest thing since the pyramids and his word is gospel. Not saying your one of them, but you definitely have a hint of it in ya. :)

Edited by GNR 1991

The frontman of Wolfmother is pulling an Axl Rose and continuing on with the band name and finding a new drummer and bassist. :lol: It's more understandable when you have a big, long-standing, established band, but to do this after only one album? Just do a solo album.

I think it make much more sense to do it with a band like Wolfmother. Like, if he releases another album under the Wolfmother name, is anyone going to give a shit that whoever was playing guitar/drums, etc. before isn't there now? Is anyone even going to notice?

Wolfmother was just awful though. So here's hoping they actually are broken up and the band members are never ever heard frmo again.

Mike Patton is fucking shit.

i'll always be happy to trash MR patton.

the guys like 50, give up the ghost already.

Uh, the Italian thing he was doing has nothing to do with that movie...... different projects.....

Also, assuie_axl, just because someone says something different than what u think about a band, doesn't mean that you have to mindlessly trash them. It's called an opinion!

On topic, oh well that they broke up. I thought they were almost ok.

you don't know me very well do you :rofl-lol:

Edited by aussie_axl