Bruce Springsteen to play Superbowl

stevGNR666

If the NFL didn't convince you that they wanted to stray away from young pop acts who landed them in hot water with "nipplegate" by choosing Prince in 2007, and Tom Petty in 2008... maybe 2009 will be the year you finally get it.

Bruce Springsteen a.k.a. The Boss will play the halftime show at Super Bowl XLIII in February, according to the New York Post.

"THE next Super Bowl is really going to rock. This year, Tom Petty rocked the halftime crowd at the University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, Ariz. But Super Bowl XLIII on Feb. 1 in Tampa will feature Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, sources said. "He was just confirmed," a spy added. "Little Stevie (Van Zandt) has already rented out the Hard Rock Café for a party." A Boss rep didn't return calls or e-mails."

http://mog.com/MrFrost/blog_post/179108?from=latest_news

Edited by stevGNR666

I thought Prince delivere one of the best halftime shows I've ever seen, while the Tom Petty show was just okay. Do you guys have any favorites??

http://mog.com/MrFrost/blog_post/179108?from=latest_news

Prince has definitely been my favorite halftime show in recent years. I'm so excited to hear Springsteen will be doing this year's show.

God, I wish they'd get someone I sorta liked. The Stones got totally fucked over when they did it with censoring/bad mix. Given it wasn't exactly their strongest performance of recent years, it could've been a ton better with a better mix. Last one I actually enjoyed was Paul McCartney, and that was when, '03 or '05?

Edited by Powerage5

God, I wish they'd get someone I sorta liked. The Stones got totally fucked over when they did it with censoring/bad mix. Given it wasn't exactly their strongest performance of recent years, it could've been a ton better with a better mix. Last one I actually enjoyed was Paul McCartney, and that was when, '03 or '05?

You don't like Springsteen?

Go kill yourself! No, really.

:P

Thats cool. Props to the Superbowl committee and the NFL for not taking the MTV route and selling out to horrible mainstream shit.

the boss is horrible mainstream shit...in 1980.

I don't like bruce, but I come from New Jersey so maybe I have a bit of a bias.

You don't like Springsteen?

Go kill yourself! No, really.

:P

I just can't really get into his voice.

Thats cool. Props to the Superbowl committee and the NFL for not taking the MTV route and selling out to horrible mainstream shit.

Wait, you're from Jersey but you don't like Bruce? :huh: Isn't that considered a crime in Jersey?

That's like not liking Sinatra or Bon Jovi.....

j/k

Wait, you're from Jersey but you don't like Bruce? :huh: Isn't that considered a crime in Jersey?

That's like not liking Sinatra or Bon Jovi.....

j/k

I thought the same thing. You're supposed to love The Boss if you're from Jersey, and thats the law! :xmasssanta: