Every Time I See A Live Version

axlslash

When i saw em this summer the only songs that sounded shitty were Shout and Looks That Kill. Vince was a little iffy on Kickstart too. The rest was all good. They fuckin' rocked Primal Scream!

Yeah, but that's 25% of the setlist.

But think of how many songs sound better now than in recent years.

I was actually surprised at how good that was, especially Vince.

When I saw them live in '06, Vince sounded pretty bad on some of the old stuff. It was still a pretty entertaining show though.

Props to Mick for still rocking despite his illness.

When I saw them live in '06, Vince sounded pretty bad on some of the old stuff. It was still a pretty entertaining show though.

They still sound pretty bad on it. Really, I was very disappointed in Cruefest. New album rocks my socks, though.

They still sound pretty bad on it. Really, I was very disappointed in Cruefest. New album rocks my socks, though.

How were the other bands on cruefest?

I thought Buckcherry was the best band there. I guess you could say that going in, I was a moderate fan of them. Well, I still am a moderate fan I guess. The other bands really aren't my thing, but they seemed to do alright for what they do. I was sort of interested in Sixx AM just because of Nikki, but instead of it being about Nikki, he seemed to remain kind of hidden in the shadows on stage the whole time. It was alright, though. No band played near long enough, though, other than Papa Roach, who played for about 50 minutes if I recall correctly, which I thought was the appropriate time for them.

I thought Buckcherry was the best band there. I guess you could say that going in, I was a moderate fan of them. Well, I still am a moderate fan I guess. The other bands really aren't my thing, but they seemed to do alright for what they do. I was sort of interested in Sixx AM just because of Nikki, but instead of it being about Nikki, he seemed to remain kind of hidden in the shadows on stage the whole time. It was alright, though. No band played near long enough, though, other than Papa Roach, who played for about 50 minutes if I recall correctly, which I thought was the appropriate time for them.

Yeah, I've seen Buckcherry live too, they put on a pretty good show.

Kind of weird that Nikki would hide in the shadows during the Sixx A.M. performances, but maybe he's just trying to let his band members get the spotlight because I'm sure he gets enough when the Crue go on later.

Cruefest is a cool idea, and I probably would have gone if the tickets were cheaper. But I'm not a big fan of Trapt or Papa Roach and I'm not really that anxious to see Buckcherry or Motley again, so maybe next year.

Guest Apollo

Motley Crue is the perfect example of a band that puts out kick-ass albums . . . but suck live.

I've seen them three times over the years.

Vince has an incredible hard rock studio voice. But he sucks live. Has he ever sang a complete song live?

One of my favorite bands from The Day . . . and I love Vince's voice . . . . but live, he sucks. Especially now.

It's almost embarrasing. Listen to how many words he skips. Listen to his voice cutting in out.

I always wished that back in their prime, they would have done an acoustic album. It would have been interesting to hear Vince sing in that set-up.

Motley Crue is the perfect example of a band that puts out kick-ass albums . . . but suck live.

I've seen them three times over the years.

Vince has an incredible hard rock studio voice. But he sucks live. Has he ever sang a complete song live?

One of my favorite bands from The Day . . . and I love Vince's voice . . . . but live, he sucks. Especially now.

It's almost embarrasing. Listen to how many words he skips. Listen to his voice cutting in out.

I always wished that back in their prime, they would have done an acoustic album. It would have been interesting to hear Vince sing in that set-up.

DLR used to be that way too - Vince is a great frontman, he just doesn't emphasize words as much as sound and performance. He's still a shit hot performer. I didn't think the video you posted was embarassing at all. Hell I wanted to be there. That band has incredible energy, words or not. And besides, he still sounded good. It's not like when they played Dr Feelgood on Kimmel a few years ago and he was off key and raspy.