New Slipknot CD

tat2d1

Yeah. This morning.

havent herad the whole thing but I wanna give a few of the songs a try.. I heard the first two that leaked, all hope is gone and psychosocial, and I wasnt that impressed.. all hope is gone has some cool music, but cory's lyrics are for shit, and he sounds for shit.. and psychosocial sounded like a heavy stonesour song.. I think their talent well has run dry with cory and it's time to find a new voice.. or maybe it's just time for 'em all to move on.. I dunno.. hopefully those two were the worst of all the songs..

I hearded the complete album and imo it's the best Slipknot album.

I just heard the remix of vermillion, which is pretty much the only thing i was lookin forward to after hearing the first two songs.. not bad.. i like it.. not as much as teh orginal vermillion prt2, but it's pretty cool.. i'm trying to get the rest of teh album.. working on a song called butchers hook.. can you recomend anything from teh album that i should get before anything else?

^^

Gematria (the killing name)

Dead memories

Sulfer

Vendetta

Gehenna

This cold black

yeah, I just got dead memories and sulfur.. badass songs.. i may end up buying this CD after all..lol.. I always forget it takes me awhile to warm up to a new slipknot album.. I didn't care for Vol 3 until after it had been out a year

i've almost heard everysong on the album, and honestly.. I'm not that impressed.. child of burning time is a good one, and so is dead memories.. but they coulda been saved for a stonesour CD.. it's all too mainstream.. the music is good.. the singer needs to pack his shit.. I used to love cory.. but really, didn't we just get a new stonesour album last year?? this cold black, butchers hook and vendetta are pretty cool, I really like the butchers hook and this blackcold.. but this just isn't a slipknot album.. at times the slipknot sound makes an apperance, but for the most part, this just sound slike a hardcore extention of stonesour.. very disappointing..

Come on man, Corey Taylor sounds great on this. It doesn't sound like Stone Sour at all!

when you have the same singer and guitar player in both bands, theyre destined to sound at least somewhat similar. but seriously, this doesnt sound like a stone sour ALBUM. there are hints of stone sour stuff, but also hints from the S/T album in 1999, and songs that sound like they started on vol 3 and evolved into something amazing (Snuff!).

one of, if not THE, best records slipknot have made. (SIC)!

Come on man, Corey Taylor sounds great on this. It doesn't sound like Stone Sour at all!

The music doesnt.. no, but the vocal styles and some fo the way he deliver's, sounds alot like stonesour... like dead memories.. it sounds like a stonesour song.. the music sounds like slipknot... but the vocals.. those arent slipknot vocals.. at anypoint in that song.. now This Cold black on the other hand.. thats slipknot.. and in Butchers Hook, for the most part it sounds like slipknot.. but at time's, Stonesours singer comes in and it's like, FUCK WHAT HAPPENED?!.. but Vendetta.. that doesnt sound like 31/30? The music sounds like slipknot... but thats Stonesour's singer.. not slipknot.. he does make an apperance from time to time.. but for the most part it's Stonesour.. I havent heard all of the songs.. and not all the songs are that bad.. none of 'em are really that bad honestly.. I really like child of burning time.. it shoulda been on a stonesour CD, but it's still good none the less... I don;t know.. I just think that if you're gonna have two bands thats ound so different, then yo should keep the music seperate... Slipknot suffer's because stonesour is a sellout radio freindly band, and it's fucked up.. I think slipknot should look for a new singer..

I do however love the guitar work on some of the songs, and think it shows more of the talent that <ick posses's... and Joey is amazing as always.. I don't know.. I just don't think they coulda done better with 4 years than this...

ive only heard it once all the way through but its not bad. Was there always this much soloing on a slipknot album? Im assuming that Mick doing that, that part of it sounds badass. Anyways it sounds good but honestly how much could this band left? Im not saying they have a "schtick" but really the idea of slipknot releasing an album isnt as big of a deal as it would have been a few years ago. There were rumors of them breaking up not too long ago, I just dont think they have much gas in the tank.

I remember hearing the debut when i was 16 and thinking it was amazing. Now I can barely listen to it. Iowa I didnt like then and still dont, it was trying too hard. i was actually a big fan of the last one, volume 3.

Did Rick Rubin Produce this one too?

The music doesnt.. no, but the vocal styles and some fo the way he deliver's, sounds alot like stonesour... like dead memories.. it sounds like a stonesour song.. the music sounds like slipknot... but the vocals.. those arent slipknot vocals.. at anypoint in that song.. now This Cold black on the other hand.. thats slipknot.. and in Butchers Hook, for the most part it sounds like slipknot.. but at time's, Stonesours singer comes in and it's like, FUCK WHAT HAPPENED?!.. but Vendetta.. that doesnt sound like 31/30? The music sounds like slipknot... but thats Stonesour's singer.. not slipknot.. he does make an apperance from time to time.. but for the most part it's Stonesour.. I havent heard all of the songs.. and not all the songs are that bad.. none of 'em are really that bad honestly.. I really like child of burning time.. it shoulda been on a stonesour CD, but it's still good none the less... I don;t know.. I just think that if you're gonna have two bands thats ound so different, then yo should keep the music seperate... Slipknot suffer's because stonesour is a sellout radio freindly band, and it's fucked up.. I think slipknot should look for a new singer..

I do however love the guitar work on some of the songs, and think it shows more of the talent that <ick posses's... and Joey is amazing as always.. I don't know.. I just don't think they coulda done better with 4 years than this...

First of all, SS is not a sellout radio friendly band, they had only ONE big radio hit (at least here they did) and that was Through Glass. Seriously, its the same singer, listen to the ST album and Iowa on the songs with lots on clean vocals, he's been doing his "Stone Sour" vocals loooooooong before SS ever made it big, and come to think of it, he was in SS first, so really he's ALWAYS had that vocal style. Come Whatever May was an amazing album with an amazing singer, now AHIG is an awesome album with the same amazing singer. why cant people stop comparing the 2 bands? SS is his side project, they've ALL said (the members of Slipknot) that SLIPKNOT COMES FIRST. so is anything, the Stone Sour vocals sound like the Slipknot vocals.....

First of all, SS is not a sellout radio friendly band, they had only ONE big radio hit (at least here they did) and that was Through Glass. Seriously, its the same singer, listen to the ST album and Iowa on the songs with lots on clean vocals, he's been doing his "Stone Sour" vocals loooooooong before SS ever made it big, and come to think of it, he was in SS first, so really he's ALWAYS had that vocal style. Come Whatever May was an amazing album with an amazing singer, now AHIG is an awesome album with the same amazing singer. why cant people stop comparing the 2 bands? SS is his side project, they've ALL said (the members of Slipknot) that SLIPKNOT COMES FIRST. so is anything, the Stone Sour vocals sound like the Slipknot vocals.....

There's a distinct difference between the vocal stylings of corey in Slipknot, and corey in Stonesour.. and yes, I know Corey wa sin stoenosur first and it's his side project and all this.. but there's more of a bottom grunt towards corey in slipknot than in stonesour, stonesour has had more than one radio friendly song, only one or two big hits, but listen to idle hands, monolith, ZZxyz Road, bother, 30/30 150 was on a few radio stations come to think of it, Choose, inhale.. all these songs could have been on Radio, but just were never picke dup.. they are a radio friendly band.. maybe not sellout, because they were prolly that way from the beginning.. but to say the stylings are the same in both bands is retarded.. If you'll listen to the melodey parts in the older slipknot albums, they have always sounded different than stoenosur.. there's still a bit of aggression in it.. in stonesour, he sounds like he's trying to serenade his high school sweetheart...

ive only heard it once all the way through but its not bad. Was there always this much soloing on a slipknot album? Im assuming that Mick doing that, that part of it sounds badass. Anyways it sounds good but honestly how much could this band left? Im not saying they have a "schtick" but really the idea of slipknot releasing an album isnt as big of a deal as it would have been a few years ago. There were rumors of them breaking up not too long ago, I just dont think they have much gas in the tank.

I remember hearing the debut when i was 16 and thinking it was amazing. Now I can barely listen to it. Iowa I didnt like then and still dont, it was trying too hard. i was actually a big fan of the last one, volume 3.

Did Rick Rubin Produce this one too?

yeah, asfar as I know it's Mick for teh most part.. he's fuckin badass... I used to listen to slipknot everyday.. but i've grown out of it.. I do like the over-all size of the music.. it's not like anything els eout there.. very hard driven fist pounding headbanging shit.. you just ahve to appreciate the sound fo teh band.. some people don;t even grasp the concept.. they see the masks and start screaming they're a gimmick band

Just to clarify.. i'm not totally bashing the album.. it's not a bad album, none of the songs suck.. they're very well produced, sound very good, teh music is well written.. but slipknot hasnt always been so soft.. and radio friendly.. almost every song i've heard, sounds like it belongs on the radio.. like Snuff, child of burning time, dead memories, Butchers Hook.. They could all be put on the radio.. and thats not the slipknot sound.. even Vendetta.. one of the faster paced songs, sounds like you'd hear it on teh radio from time to time.. it has a very catchy beat... until Joey starts playing teh drums like Joey plays the drums.. I was just expecting something.. harder... more aggresive.. not something I'd listen tow hile getting shit faced tryin to forget my sweetheart.. slipknot used to be something I could get fuckin pissed off and listen to.. not so much anymore...

Must be the divorce and rehab that's to blame for this..lol..

I have to admit, after hearing snuff and actually listening to it, though it doesnt sound liek a slipknot in full, it's a very amazing song.. another classic.. along the lines of zzyzx road and through the glass.. even vermillion prt2.. without the dark side.. it's a hopeless sounding song though..

Edited by oogieboogieman420

It'd be boring if they made every album the same like AC/DC. There's plenty of clean vocals on their debut album, which sound even more poppier than the new album. The chorus of Spit It Out sounds like some teen punk band as does Wait and bleed.

Just cos the new album has a lot of clean vocals it doesn't mean it sounds like Stone Sour.

The production on the last two albums has been so much better, you can really hear the drums pound.

I don't think the majority of the songs are radio songs, at least not in England. If you wanna hear the kind of songs on this album you have to wait until midnight for the Radio 1 rock show. Maybe Snuff and Dead Memories could be played during the day but thats about it.