Iron Maiden vs Metallica

Duffan

Better  

88 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Iron FUCKING Maiden.

i saw them live and they blew my fucking brains out. I have heard metallica on stereo and they dont rock my world but when I hear Maiden I just love it, those distinct guitar medieval esque melodic riffs that send shivers down my spine, those powerful booming intense vocals from Dickinson, just is so awesome. Maiden are just the best. Up the Irons  rock3

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Goddammit, i've wanted to see Maiden live for aggggesssss but they will never come out to Australia :(

Live After Death = Best live Metal album of all time

They have real melodys in their songs Adrian Dave and Janick all play very tight togther, and Bruces voice is amazing. Not to mention Steves galloping basslines.

Metallica are awesome, but Miaden is on a different level.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not hard at all, IMHO. Iron Freakin Maiden by far. They're nothing if not consistant, and they're consistantly good. And in addition to that, I daresay they've even become better since the release of Brave New World. Their live show still kicks ass, and right now they're one of the most popular touring bands out there, selling out stadiums with bands half their age. Their fanbase has grown instead of dwindled, and all this from a band who are almost 30 years old.

Metallica, as good as they once were, have continually alienated their old fans over the years to pursue new directions with the music. While this is commendable from an artistic point of view, it's increasingly obvious that their fans aren't willing to come along for the ride. They certainly have talent, but the recent lack of interest over St. Anger and the unnerving insider look via Some Kind of Monster may render it all irrelevant at the end of the day. Lars once was quoted as saying that "when it comes time not to do it anymore, we'll bow out gracefully". It sure sound gracious, but something tells me they're not ready to look that closely in the mirror yet...

So while I still cherish Kill 'Em All, Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets, ...And Justice For All, and the black album, Iron Maiden gets my votes right now for staying true to the metal and never leaving their fans behind them. Up the Irons!!!

Live After Death = Best live Metal album of all time

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Damn straight! I ADORE Children of the Damned Live, and whenever I hear Revelations.....oh...my...god! They did that at the Hammersmith I was so pleased. I am sure they will go to Australia on their next tour, as long as there has been no hostility towards them from there.

Not hard at all, IMHO.  Iron Freakin Maiden by far.  They're nothing if not consistant, and they're consistantly good.  And in addition to that, I daresay they've even become better since the release of Brave New World.  Their live show still kicks ass, and right now they're one of the most popular touring bands out there, selling out stadiums with bands half their age.  Their fanbase has grown instead of dwindled, and all this from a band who are almost 30 years old. 

Metallica, as good as they once were, have continually alienated their old fans over the years to pursue new directions with the music.  While this is commendable from an artistic point of view, it's increasingly obvious that their fans aren't willing to come along for the ride.  They certainly have talent, but the recent lack of interest over St. Anger and the unnerving insider look via Some Kind of Monster may render it all irrelevant at the end of the day.  Lars once was quoted as saying that "when it comes time not to do it anymore, we'll bow out gracefully".  It sure sound gracious, but something tells me they're not ready to look that closely in the mirror yet...

So while I still cherish Kill 'Em All, Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets, ...And Justice For All, and the black album, Iron Maiden gets my votes right now for staying true to the metal and never leaving their fans behind them.  Up the Irons!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good speech!

So if we are basing this on costinstency and metallica were only good then, IMO they were always not that great anyway; then why the bleedin fuck are metallica in the lead? Are you all insaaaaaaaaaaane!? Is your eyesight gone ga ga? Eeesh kabeesh Maiden were always and will always be fucking gods, and they know how to get headlines :D

Metallica, mostly because Iron Maiden are a bunch of uncreative uninspired losers who just plain SUCK!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

um, that's also Metallica :lol:

especially now.

There is no Metallica.

Metallica died with Cliff Burton.

Up The Irons.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fair enough.

Conclusion:

Metallica was great

Iron Maiden has never been anywhere near great

I still say metallica.

Conclusion:

You can SUCK my big dick! :fuckyou:

But yeah, their new work, especialy st. anger sucks balls.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's gonna be tough here to bias an opinion, But I gotta say IRON MAIDEN is my final answer Regis. I have followed this band since my uncle played there shit when I was a tike and I have alot of there albums and some rare import shiz too. And I hate to say so, but Dance Of Death kicks St.Anger's ass by a longshot. But I really love METALLICA as well, but mostly there ol'skool stuff back in the Cliff Burton days.

Metallica, mostly because Iron Maiden are a bunch of uncreative uninspired losers who just plain SUCK!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

um, that's also Metallica :lol:

especially now.

There is no Metallica.

Metallica died with Cliff Burton.

Up The Irons.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fair enough.

Conclusion:

Metallica was great

Iron Maiden has never been anywhere near great

I still say metallica.

Conclusion:

You can SUCK my big dick! :fuckyou:

But yeah, their new work, especialy st. anger sucks balls.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that post made no sense, is it a quote? that's not what Username said... :blink:

Here's a tough one (IMO) , both rock and have been around for over 20 years and have contributed some of the best hard rock/metal songs and albums to the genre and have a big influence on many , anyway It's a real tough choice esepecially when you compare them in the 80's but I'm going with Maiden because of the recent albums and what has gone on with the two bands in recent years .

Peace GnR Nation  B)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Easy one Metallica, Maiden is sooooooooooooo boring :drevil:

no, Metallica is. now.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah now I hate them <_< but Maiden has been boring since Bruce dickinson joined the band so they win in boringness :drevil:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Boring since Bruce joined?

Bruce is a billion times better than Di'anno and Bailey.

Maiden fucken own