Greatest Singers of All Time

Apollo

You should have a category called Trent Reznor.

No no no no, you need a category called "Pure Shit", and then you can put Trent Reznor underneath.

I will not take any rock vocal-opinions from a user with an Oasis signature seriously ;)

But seriously, Trent Reznor has got a great range and a recognizable voice that gives his music more emotion, atmosphere and beautiful despair than anyone else.

Are you serious? Nine Inch Nails is basically a lot of bullshit techno noises with Trent's aggravating shit voice. There's no melody in his music, it's just sounds like a bunch of computerized crap. Basically, laugh all you want, but Oasis is a lot better. I don't see how a lot of people hate them on this forum. At least their music is melodic, catchy, and fun to listen to. Although the lyrics aren't amazing, at least it isn't nonsense noise that makes my ears bleed - like Reznor's talentless piece of shit band.

I admire his marketing though. I have no idea how someone who makes shitty music can make so much money. I hope to meet him one day to ask him how he does it, and I'd also like to punch him in the face for inspiring Axl Rose to get this joker named Robin in his band. Utterly pathetic.

On a further note, I apologize for the harsh words. I just hate it when people praise Trent Reznor so much - especially here right in the Guns N' Roses Discussion & News section, when has very to do with Axl Rose. This isn't a Nine Inch Nails forum, this is a Guns N' Roses forum and sometimes I think people forget that. I remember a week ago, there were more threads pertaining to Reznor than anything GN'R related. I didn't come here to talk about NIN, I come here to talk about GN'R.

This was in the right section, so I shouldn't care as much.

Edited by Rock_N'_Roll

Melodic Rock- Corey Taylor, Claudio Sanchez, Stephen Christian, James Dean Bradfield

Pop- Tim Booth, Ricky Ross,

Soul- Marvin Gaye

Rock- Axl Rose, Freddie Mercury, Rober Plant

Hairband- Justin Hawkins, what a falsetto that man has.

Metal- Anders Friden, so versatile and powerful.

Guest knerken

No no no no, you need a category called "Pure Shit", and then you can put Trent Reznor underneath.

I will not take any rock vocal-opinions from a user with an Oasis signature seriously ;)

But seriously, Trent Reznor has got a great range and a recognizable voice that gives his music more emotion, atmosphere and beautiful despair than anyone else.

Are you serious? Nine Inch Nails is basically a lot of bullshit techno noises with Trent's aggravating shit voice. There's no melody in his music, it's just sounds

like a bunch of computerized crap. Basically, laugh all you want, but Oasis is a lot better. I don't see how a lot of people hate them on this forum. At least their music is melodic, catchy, and fun to listen to. Although the lyrics aren't amazing, at least it isn't nonsense noise that makes my ears bleed - like Reznor's talentless piece of shit band.

I admire his marketing though. I have no idea how someone who makes shitty music can make so much money. I hope to meet him one day to ask him how he does it, and I'd also like to punch him in the face for inspiring Axl Rose to get this joker named Robin in his band. Utterly pathetic.

On a further note, I apologize for the harsh words. I just hate it when people praise Trent Reznor so much - especially here right in the Guns N' Roses Discussion & News section, when has very to do with Axl Rose. This isn't a Nine Inch Nails forum, this is a Guns N' Roses forum and sometimes I think people forget that. I remember a week ago, there were more threads pertaining to Reznor than anything GN'R related. I didn't come here to talk about NIN, I come here to talk about GN'R.

You may not like Trent's voice or music, but you can't deny that he is a "technichally" good singer with a wide range of notes and emotions.

I'm a big NIN-fan, and I see your point about GNR/NIN-fans.. I guess many Gn'r-fanboys listen to NIN, just because "it's ROBIN!!!!omgomg<3". About the NIN-discussion in the "My World"-section, NIN is not the only band which gets a lot of threads and attention. It's been like 6 Metallica-threads the last few days... and the Oasis thread is one of the most active.

BTW I love Oasis aswell, but my point was that none of us can deny the fact that Liam is one of the worst singers in history ;)

I don't like Nine Inch Nails at all, I've only heard one or two songs that I like but Trent Reznor has a great voice. It's definitely the part I like most about NIN and I wish he would do something different musically because his voice is great and I'd prefer to hear it with music that I actually want to listen to :P

Are you serious? Nine Inch Nails is basically a lot of bullshit techno noises with Trent's aggravating shit voice. There's no melody in his music, it's just sounds like a bunch of computerized crap. Basically, laugh all you want, but Oasis is a lot better. I don't see how a lot of people hate them on this forum. At least their music is melodic, catchy, and fun to listen to. Although the lyrics aren't amazing, at least it isn't nonsense noise that makes my ears bleed - like Reznor's talentless piece of shit band.

NIN>GNR

Guest Apollo
If you look away from the technical abilities and forget all the hard-rock-Freddie-Mercury stuff, the best singers I've ever heard are Howlin' Wolf and Sam Cooke.

Agreed.

Cooke had an incredible voice.

But a lot of his songs sound exactly the same.

If I Had You and Nobody Knows The Trouble I've Seen . . . listen to both songs.

Just for You and ChainGang

I could go on. Agreed, Cooke had one of the most beautiful voices of all time. The only thing I find annoying is how similar so many songs are.