Erase 5 bands from music history

JONEZY

Oasis.
Oasis

Goodness me!

If I may, in all seriousness, can I ask why?

Im just your average Oasis fanboy that doesn't understand the haters :D

Marky I can understand why people find them influential and all just like people find Nirvana the same but in my eyes they are two of the most overrated groups ever...

But then again what do I know? Im a huge U2 fan boy and many people would say similar things about U2 and I totally get why people would see U2 in that way much like I see Oasis and Nirvana, each to his own I guess...

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3) Every American Idol winner...representing everything that's wrong with music today

Come on don't generalize, sure some of them suck but some like Carrie Underwood are pretty talented.

And the show gives them a big break. Sure, its very commercialized but it beats singing in a pub.

You gotta erase 5 bands from the history of music.

Rules:

1. Gotta make a list of 5 bands you want erased from existence

2. You can ONLY comment on the other lists after you've made your list

3. The band has to have had at least 1 hit song(ie: not a local band that no ones ever heard of)

Here's mine:

1: Bon Jovi

2. Stryper

3. ELP

4. Culture Club

5. Mr. Mister

Your turn

1: Wham!

2. Bon Jovi

3. Fall Out Boy

4. Goo Goo Dolls

5. Motley Crue

Guest Apollo

U2

Nickelback

Winger

Nirvana

Billy Joel

I don't know why there is so much hatred for Bon Jovi. He puts out catchy pop rock songs, and has been doing it successfully for 20-plus years. He doesn't pretty tend to be something he's not. Living on a prayer, wanted dead or alive, runaway, THESE DAYS . . . some pretty cool songs.

I've always viewed Bon Jovi as the McDonald's of the rock world.

Not substanial, not breaking new ground, not revolutionizing food . . . . but can be tasty sometimes. Quick and easy, when you don't want to cook. And sometimes instead of a steak and shrimp dinner, its nice to grab a quick quarterpounder, greezy fries and chocolate shake.

Keep in mind the bands you're erasing may have influenced the bands you love the most!

I wa sthinking of that when I said KISS.. I hate KISS though.. and then I remembered they prolly influenced bands like GWAR and Marylin Manson.. and I think that no matter what you sacrifice, it would be worth it for a Manson-less world..

a7x

bullet for my valentine

my chemical romance

fallout boy

panic at the disco

Dude?????

Are you sure?

I thought those were actually the same band . . . I didn't realize they were all actually different people.

fallout and panic MAYBE, A7X and Bullet are straight metal... nothing remotely similar to the three bands under them

and whatever band did that TURRRRRRN UP THE RAAAADIO, I NEED THE MUSIC, GIMMIE SOME MO song

that song fuckin suuuucks

AUTOGRAPH!!!1

Seriously, the 80's were amazing haha :).

:rofl-lol:

yep thats them

1. Bon Jovi - The only part I've ever liked about them is Richie Sambora, who could've done well if he didn't write the same song over and over for now over two decades. Otherwise, just ... no.

2. My Chemical Romance - I just don't understand the appeal. They helped open the door for a million other similar, crappy bands, too. Ugh.

3. Fall Out Boy - Their music does absolutely nothing for me.

4. Nickelback - They're just so ... generic. Most of their songs sound more or less the same. There's no emotion.

5. Sum 41/Good Charlotte/Blink 182 ... etc. - I included all of them as they all sound similar. I can't even tell them apart.