• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

U2

Nickelback

Winger

Nirvana

Billy Joel

I don't know why there is so much hatred for Bon Jovi. He puts out catchy pop rock songs, and has been doing it successfully for 20-plus years. He doesn't pretty tend to be something he's not. Living on a prayer, wanted dead or alive, runaway, THESE DAYS . . . some pretty cool songs.

I've always viewed Bon Jovi as the McDonald's of the rock world.

Not substanial, not breaking new ground, not revolutionizing food . . . . but can be tasty sometimes. Quick and easy, when you don't want to cook. And sometimes instead of a steak and shrimp dinner, its nice to grab a quick quarterpounder, greezy fries and chocolate shake.

Massive fail. Don't you even see your contradiction? Nickelback is a harder version of Bon Jovi. They make plenty of catchy radio hits that appeal to a wide fanbase, but they should be eliminated while Bon Jovi rips up Have a Nice Day? All I'm saying is that you say the exact same thing about Bon Jovi as someone else would about Nickelback. Obviously they aren't that far away from each other then.

Also, shame on you for putting Billy Joel there. Your post blows anyways. No one can take you seriously after saying Bon Jovi is the McDonald's of the rock world.

My list:

1) U2

2) Oasis

3) System of a Down

4) Goo Goo Dolls

5) Lamb of God/Trivium/Any other metal band who can't have their own sound.

For an optional #6, I'd just list many mainstream rock bands of today (Good Charlotte, Simple Plan, Billy Talent, Sum 41, Hedley, Theory of a Deadman, etc.). They're all garbage and are not needed.

ok...

Bullet for My Valentine

Nirvana

Courtney Love (and her bands) im a Courtney fan, but the world would be a quieter, more peaceful place without her

Cindi Lauper

Lily Allen. ok, i know they're not technically all bands, but still, if theor "music" was erased from history i dont think anyone would care in the slightest

Everyone, and i mean EVERYONE who has said kiss must never have heard the following:

Black Diamond(alive)

Domino(unplugged)

Cold Gin

Little Caesar

Into the Void

Nothin to Lose(unplugged)

Let me Go, Rock N' Roll(alive)

New York Groove(mtv vmas)

Almost Human

Goin Blind(unplugged)

I love it Loud

Creatures of The Night

All Hell's Breakin Loose

Unholy

Parasite(alive)

Shandi(kiss symphony)

God of Thunder(kiss Symphony)

go ahead, pick a bunch of those songs, atleast 5. After hearing those it's impossible to say kiss are so bad that you'd wanna erase them from history or put them at the same weak level as bon jovi or nickelback.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I personally think Kiss, along with Metallica (Which I've stated about 50 times on this forum) is the most overrated band in music history. Nevertheless, I'd never put them on this list since they're so important for the impact of many bands I like. I don't think some people here seems to take those thoughts in mind before they make their lists.

3) Every American Idol winner...representing everything that's wrong with music today

Come on don't generalize, sure some of them suck but some like Carrie Underwood are pretty talented.

And the show gives them a big break. Sure, its very commercialized but it beats singing in a pub.

my bad, i thought she lost in the finals. she's the only talented winner to come from AI

i'd do her as well

Everyone, and i mean EVERYONE who has said kiss must never have heard the following:

Black Diamond(alive)

Domino(unplugged)

Cold Gin

Little Caesar

Into the Void

Nothin to Lose(unplugged)

Let me Go, Rock N' Roll(alive)

New York Groove(mtv vmas)

Almost Human

Goin Blind(unplugged)

I love it Loud

Creatures of The Night

All Hell's Breakin Loose

Unholy

Parasite(alive)

Shandi(kiss symphony)

God of Thunder(kiss Symphony)

You should make a list of their good songs too.

Tokio Hotel

Black Eyed Peas

Nickelback

Simple Plan

Creed

black eyed peas?? :confused:

i love them

lol but i hate tokio hotel

I can't stand them :devil:

what dont you like about them..just curious

I just don't like them, and they got huuuuugely overplayed here, which didn't help at all :lol: and my humps has gotta be one of the most annoying songs ever :scared: worst thing is, it got stuck in my head for a while :rofl-lol:

What you gonna do with all that junk? All that junk inside your trunk?

AHHHHHHH

Tokio Hotel

Black Eyed Peas

Nickelback

Simple Plan

Creed

black eyed peas?? :confused:

i love them

lol but i hate tokio hotel

I can't stand them :devil:

what dont you like about them..just curious

I just don't like them, and they got huuuuugely overplayed here, which didn't help at all :lol: and my humps has gotta be one of the most annoying songs ever :scared: worst thing is, it got stuck in my head for a while :rofl-lol:

What you gonna do with all that junk? All that junk inside your trunk?

AHHHHHHH

They're good live, I recommend going to a show. I didnt see just them, it was the Live Earth thing, they were very good.

Why so many flavour of the month bands??

They tend to erase themselves in time anyway.

You should be zeroing in on bands that influenced a sound and took it in a ghastly direction that was embarassing to rock and roll or music in general...or worse yet,inspired other bands to sound like them...or worse yet,had every record company in the business signing copycat bands.

Why so many flavour of the month bands??

They tend to erase themselves in time anyway.

You should be zeroing in on bands that influenced a sound and took it in a ghastly direction that was embarassing to rock and roll or music in general...or worse yet,inspired other bands to sound like them...or worse yet,had every record company in the business signing copycat bands.

nirvana

:tongue2:

...jk i like nirvana

but yeah, good point