The Doors without Morrison

Vincent Vega

As some of you may know, after Jim Morrison's death in July '71, the three surviving members continued on for another year. At first, they considered picking a replacement (rumor has it Iggy Pop was one of their potential choices) but instead decided to continue as a trio. The Doors released two albums, Other Voices and Full Circle and even toured before breaking up in '72. The first, Other Voices, consisted of material that was written while Jim was in Paris and was stuff he was supposed to record for their next album when he returned from Paris. Has anyone listened to these albums, and if so, do you like them?

Yeah they are called Riders on the Storm now. They have Brett Scallions (former lead singer from Fuel) as they frontman. I've seen some live videos of them playing on Youtube. Pretty good. I am a Doors and a Fuel fan and I must say that Brett does a good job as a singer. Now he doesn't come anywhere near Morrision but he's still good.

As some of you may know, after Jim Morrison's death in July '71, the three surviving members continued on for another year. At first, they considered picking a replacement (rumor has it Iggy Pop was one of their potential choices)

It's not a rumour.

Danny Sugerman was actually managing the band after Morrison's death (perhaps moreso Manzarek)..and he was also involved with Iggy Pop...who,at the time,was out of his mind on heroin.

Sugerman tried to make it happen.

Sugerman's autobiography heavily accounts that era...it'a a really good read...it's called Wonderland Avenue.