Saw Oasis, Beck, and STP over the last 4 Nights in Vancouver

Randy Lahey

It's been a fun 4 days of binge drinking and going to concerts. I saw Oasis, Beck, and STP over the last 4 nights. Oasis was mediocre at best but Beck and STP rocked. Was anybody else at any of these shows? I'll write more about the shows later on.

Edited by Randy Lahey

It's been a fun 4 days of binge drinking and going to concerts. I saw Oasis, Beck, and STP over the last 4 nights. Oasis was mediocre at best but Beck and STP rocked. Was anybody else at any of these shows? I'll write more about the shows later on.

Some things in life are so obvious they need not even be said.

Man, that would've been an awesome 4 days. How much cash did you blow this week on all of that?

I stayed at a hotel one night and at friends place the rest of the time. Spent over $400 on drinks over the 4 nights though.

Beck and STP were both really good. It was sort of sad seeing Oasis as they have been my favorite band since GNR. Liam's act of turning his back to the crowd and acting disinterested is over. He sounded fucking terrible the other night and he behaved as if he was punching the clock in a factory.

Beck Vancouver

STP Vancouver

:o I just watched those vids, amazing stuff!

And comparing Liam's voice to the DBTT tour when I saw them, his voice is great, you should've seen them last time <_<

I did see them last time but I was a bit more drunk I guess. However, I did get a cool shirt and poster at the show the other night.

Edited by Randy Lahey

Having looked at the Vancouver 2008 youtube evidence, I would say Liam and co ran into some of the city's finest reactional tobacco in Vancouver? What kind of shit they smoke over in Canada anyway? Liam looks blown away.

I think they have mellowed a little bit and become more of a smokers band, less tabloid baiting, less coke and booze. But having said that even when the crowds were going crazy in the UK, say in Manchester, if you look at the band they seem pretty laid back - Liam has can never been accused of trying too hard.

Like GNR, Oasis' reputation precedes them and for a bit everyone who wanted to get hammered and singalong to football anthems went to Oasis shows, no matter they played the crowd thought that it was a rock n roll party, man. After Liam got his teeth knocked out by Russian mafia he seems less cocky and that makes for less interesting live show - basically Liam will take ove the band and do another Definitely Maybe one day very soon.

The new material seems to be more like a headphone album not an album of drinking anthems like Definitely Maybe.

They need to sort out their set list and start drinking Stella pre-show.

There's too many of Noel's brit psychedelica songs and rural-sheep inspired Travis songs. They need to stick to the anthems.

Fucking in the Bushes

Morning Glory

Rock N Roll Star

Hello

Columbia

D'you Know What I mean

Wonderwall

Don't Look Back in Anger

Live Forever

Turn Up The Sun

Roll With It

Supersonic

Whatever

Go Let It Out

Slide Away

Some Might Say

All Around the World

Shakermaker

Little By Little

Champagne Supernova

Cigarettes and Alcohol

They need to sort out their set list and start drinking Stella pre-show.

There's too many of Noel's brit psychedelica songs and rural-sheep inspired Travis songs. They need to stick to the anthems.

Fucking in the Bushes

Morning Glory

Rock N Roll Star

Hello

Columbia

D'you Know What I mean

Wonderwall

Don't Look Back in Anger

Live Forever

Turn Up The Sun

Roll With It

Supersonic

Whatever

Go Let It Out

Slide Away

Some Might Say

All Around the World

Shakermaker

Little By Little

Champagne Supernova

Cigarettes and Alcohol

Gas Panic!

Stop Crying Your Heart Out

Now that's a setlist.

It was a toss up between Crying and Little, I think LBL is a bit faster paced. But yeah add some songs, like a new single or a classic whatever, but play so rock n roll songs and at least try to rock.

Overall I think they are just indulging themselves too much - Noel has sort of got it his way now, it's an interesting set for flat out Oasis fans but you can see why Liam is bored. They have the songs, why aren't they going for the throat?

Guest knerken

I saw Beck this summer. Hugely disappointing; very untight and uninspired. But judging from the videoclip I guess you saw him on a good day. He sounds great!

Would love to see Oasis and STP aswell..

Did Liam really get bashed by Russian Mafia? Is that why he got the veneers?

Not sure about the mafia part, it's what I read, maybe just russian businessmen, but another report said "youths" - maybe just local peacekeepers?

I remember the reports at the time that he got in an altercation in a hotel foyer in munich with what was rumored to be some "russian businessmen" types, who hit him with a glass astray? I probably read it in The Sun so it complete lies.

Noel thought it was funny until he found out that Liam had no teeth. I guess I'll have to check this story out on google or something.

But after that incident Liam seemed to be less "Mad for it".

Liam's turning into Noel little by little.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn41...03/ai_n12651455