greatest GNR guitar player on youtube

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i meant greatest as in greatest GNR playing guitarist. he sounds exactly like slash, imo

I don't spend that much time on YouTube, but I'll happilly discount my earlier comment once someone posts a video of someone playing Sweet Child Of Mine or Estranged with a sound that is EXACTLY the same as the sound they made the day they recorded it in the studio, with the exact same timing, hand movements and pelvic gyrations.

Rock !! :rolleyes:

maybe because this is the internet and i cant really tell how you're trying to say that but i dont get it. you think it sounds exactly the same or are you being sarcastic

Sarcastic.

His tone was good, and he sounded much like Slash on the solos. But he wasnt good when it comes to the riffs..Check out welcome to the jungle, its not tight. But the solo in Sweet child was cool!

(btw, check out our song Breakout, guess the guitars is influenced by Guns n roses/Velvet revolver etc. Revolution Riot

Edited by RiotJohnny

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
idk if any of you have seen his videos, but this guy sounds exactly like slash. he should be the lead guitarist of the new line up :tongue2:

here's 2 perfect examples, the rest are all on youtube

- nailed the intro

- amazing

Haven't listened to Estranged for such a long time! Thanks, just reminded me why I come here!

On Topic : Liked his playing, he's a wee bit better than me ;)

I could never get that fast bit in Sweet Child sussed.

Me neither :)

Some of you people are practically in line to take a swing at this guy.

Go ahead, be my guest. But this kid doesn't have a million dollar studio to record in, let alone does he have great engineers behind him dialing in the tone so carefully that it becomes boring and again, boring. Also... He doesn't record the solo multiple times and then compile the best track.

Still he manages to get pretty fucking close in terms of tone and time. It's just so retarded that you guys sit behind your computer screens and talk shit about people like this. This guy clearly have some unique talent.

Because he can play a "Gnr song that really isn't that hard" as some of you say?

No, but because TONE is in your FINGERS. And he is getting the tone he wants with what I would call, modest means.

I've been around and worked with enough guitarists in enough studios to know a good player when I see one.

Maybe this guy can't WRITE his stuff. But believe it or not, in these days.

A good example must be Howard Benson who has two hired studio cats to play the guitar parts all over again after the band has written the songs cus he wants his records to sound a certain way. I know that happens elsewhere too.

SO just MAYBE.... just MAAAAAYBE.... before you guys talk shit about a guys talent. You start taking some other things into account... like... the stuff besides being able to write... but also stuff like being able to build a career on ur talent. You might be the best chip-chop Vai copy guitarist in the world, playing faster than God can think. But none of that matters if you can't market your talent and have some business savvy.

All I can say, if this guy has AVERAGE writing skills he has the chops to be as good as anybody.

Slash wasn't the best guitarist in the world in terms of speed or whatever. Maybe the riffs are simple.

But that just goes a long way to prove my point. You don't NEED that shit to be good.....

It's a spaghetti of many things!

Maybe this guy can't WRITE his stuff. But believe it or not, in these days.

I Didn't understand this sentence...

-

Anyway, your partially correct in your idea of a good player. Being original and creative are probably the most important traits a guitarist can have. But barely any guitarist can market or sell their work nowadays unless they are a session musician, can read music and copy guitar parts perfectly.