Metallica Death Magnetic

JD GNR

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll link someone up with two Rapidshare links if they will kindly re-up the second one on megaupload or something else(it's 20mbs) for me cause I can't get the Rapidshare link to work :(.

The links are in my sig. Anyone wanna take me up on that?

Edited by FunkyMonk

They finally made it...DM IS A GOOD METALLICA ALBUM....and i am VERY surprised that this day came when i have to accept the fact.

Best since "Justice".

Thanks, Rick Rubin.

Unforgiven III chorus (or whatever it is) reminds me very much of some other song...was it Stone Temple Pilots song?!?!?!?

Or some other 2nd class "grunge" band of that era anyways...

Any STP fans around here?

Edited by makkonen

Do you think they (Met &co.) will release album earlier because of the leak?

Or is it too late to change the date?

Well...it´s not my money they are losing (i pre-ordered mine) but i guess leaking this early will effect pretty much their sales.

Poor millionaires...yeah i know...but still :rofl-lol:

Well...it´s not my money they are losing (i pre-ordered mine) but i guess leaking this early will effect pretty much their sales.

Poor millionaires...yeah i know...but still

Lars said he didn't even care, and was happy it held off this long before leaking.

I bet at this point they could give 2 shits about losing sales on this as people are focused on Metallica being 'back' with an ace album that people are fawning over.

Holy Shit. Maybe I'm so stoked because this album definitely isn't St. Anger/Reload..... but it's fucking good.

The Unforgiven lll starts out with a piano balled of the exact music for the classic movie The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. It is the music played on acoustic guitar before the final gun battle scene. Hope they gave Ennio Morricone some music credit on the album---TGTBATU is a killer movie and sountrack---

That's exactly what I thought! I think it's fucking awesome.

TGTBATU is one of my favorite movies all time, and so is Metallica.

Poor millionaires...yeah i know...but still

Lars said he didn't even care, and was happy it held off this long before leaking.

I bet at this point they could give 2 shits about losing sales on this as people are focused on Metallica being 'back' with an ace album that people are fawning over.

Hmmm...you really believe anything Lars says :rofl-lol::rolleyes:

He´s just trying people to forget his "Napster Incident" being very positive about leaks etc.

Nice try, Larsie :monkey:

He PERSONALLY maybe don´t need those extra bucks, that part is true thou...

That was my point. I would bet the farm that if you offered the 4 of them no album sale money (they make so much on the road) for the entire album's life cycle, but told them the general public would be screaming to the rooftops that Metallica was 'back' with their best album in 20 years or so or a luke-warm response with a few dollars from sales they would take option A in a heart beat without thinking twice.

That was my point. I would bet the farm that if you offered the 4 of them no album sale money (they make so much on the road) for the entire album's life cycle, but told them the general public would be screaming to the rooftops that Metallica was 'back' with their best album in 20 years or so or a luke-warm response with a few dollars from sales they would take option A in a heart beat without thinking twice.

True.

My point is that there might be some other people in their (Metallica) and their recordcompany´s organisation who are not millionaires and suffer that loss (if there would be loss, that is).Not everyone get money of Metallica´s tours (and they are sold out with or without this new record).

That was my point...i understand yours.

the riffage on this album kicks ass. James sounds good enough to fit in. This blows the shit out of St Anger (not saying much there) but also Load and reload (which i actually kinda liked). is it better than the black album? time will tell on that one. But Metallica are definetely back and will hopefully bring legit heavy music back to the forefront since Axl doesnt wanna get his ass off the couch anytime soon. So far my favorite is the second song "End of the line" which was one of the first new songs to come out but its completely reworked. That riff at 6:55 during the "the slave becomes the master" part rules

When I first heard about the album, i was kinda excited, then having thoughts that it might be a waste of money like St.Anger, but i downloaded the torrent and was like "Holy Shit, this is amazing."

The opening track is so explosive, got me hooked instantly. It kept that up untill "The Day That Never Comes" which obviously takes the foot off the pedal a bit. But everything after that is amazing, and i really like "Unforgiven III" which i thought would just be a waste of what couldve been another great track. "Judas Kiss" was great, and the instrumental "Suicide & Redemption" is cool to listen to aswell.

ok, review over, great album !

I'm a fan of Metallica so I was very keen to hear this new album, some riffs sounded very familiar which is not a bad thing really, vocally it didn't sound too great to me. I'm glad people are enjoying this album, but for me personally it wasn't quite what I had expected, didn't entice me.

Edited by Let And Let Live