Metallica Death Magnetic

JD GNR

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be the dissenting voice in all of this universal praise - The album's average.

Certainly lightyears better than St. Anger, but the songs are still too long and meandering without actually building or going anywhere, the lyrics are mostly banal, and The Unforgiven III is just a pale shadow of the first two.

The album's fast, I'll give it that - And the solos rock. All in all, Death Magnetic has its moments... but anyone holding this up as a record on par with Ride/Master/Justice is deluding themselves.

+1

This record would have been better as Instrumental...coz as soon as James starts opening his mouth...forget about it. His voice is shot and the Lyrics are ridiculously LAME for a 50 year old man to sing. :rofl-lol:

I cant go throw a minute of each song on this record....got to turn it off.

I'll be the dissenting voice in all of this universal praise - The album's average.

Certainly lightyears better than St. Anger, but the songs are still too long and meandering without actually building or going anywhere, the lyrics are mostly banal, and The Unforgiven III is just a pale shadow of the first two.

The album's fast, I'll give it that - And the solos rock. All in all, Death Magnetic has its moments... but anyone holding this up as a record on par with Ride/Master/Justice is deluding themselves.

+1

This record would have been better as Instrumental...coz as soon as James starts opening his mouth...forget about it. His voice is shot and the Lyrics are ridiculously LAME for a 50 year old man to sing. :rofl-lol:

I don't like Het sings live anymore, even the classics. He bellows to much, hold words too long, and just lost the 'snap' in his voice to sing some of the lyrics. Outside of the horrible snare drum of ST ANGER, this was my biggest cmoplaint about their music over the last couple of years.

In the new song, THE DAY THAT NEVER COMES, he does a solid job with the vocals. He doesn't bellow too much and his delivery is spot on for the song. Can't wait for the rest of the album.

+1

And what about Axl? He couldn't even hold a high note for 10 seconds on the 2006-2007 tour.

This album is the textbook definition of how you make a throwback sounding album your fans and the rock community have been craving while still keeping things fresh and current.

The reviews I have read so far have truly been outstanding, which speaks volumes considering how perpared the media and some fans were to write this album off. They put themselves out on the limb when they built expectations sky high by talking about making an album designed to sound like those that are the Holy Grail of Metallica albums, and it appears they pulled it off.

The group around this board that love to mock what they call the "Mulletheads" who wish GNR sounded a little more like GNR sometimes should take note of the reaction this album is getting compared to Metallica's previous attempts at reinventing their sound as the current GNR incarnation has tried to do.

A modern sounding Appetite inspired album with Axl/Slash/Duff/Izzy in the vein of what Metallica tried to do would be welcomed as the second coming, as Death Magnetic shows there is a market for a modern retro rock sound like that.

I don't have anything else to say

The band(or Rubin) probably knew they had winner and leaked it on purpose. The buzz that this has created in the past week is big enough to boost the sales through the roof.

Awesome album

I really really doubt that. The hype was pretty huge as it was. Plus I guarantee there are thousands who've already downloaded it, and see no further reason to purchase it.

+1

And what about Axl? He couldn't even hold a high note for 10 seconds on the 2006-2007 tour.

Jungle RAR.

Also Funeral's talking about studio and Axl has that IRS scream..

+1

Jungle RAR.

That's just one song,but what about the new songs? Some of them, like Better, realy sucks alive. But it's hard to compare a studio sound with a live sound because they can fix a lot of sound things in the studio.

+1

Jungle RAR.

That's just one song,but what about the new songs? Some of them, like Better, realy sucks alive. But it's hard to compare a studio sound with a live sound because they can fix a lot of sound things in the studio.

Madagscar KROQ, Better RAR IRS Gods Of Metal The Blues Pitsburgh 02.

Of course they can fix a lot in the studio but you can't deny the range in the studio IRS scream.

Has James, ever been able to hold a high note after The Black Album live that is?