GNR should check out metallica.com

nambis

all I can say is "WOW." Metallica seems to be doing things right with their new album. they've got various purchase options (including a box set), they have audio tracks posted, and they just posted a new video on monday.

man, i'm really looking forward to this new metallica album. their new video reminds me of pre-black album metallica.

i wish GNR would come out of seclusion, tell us who is in the band, and do something like this for the fans!

all I can say is "WOW." Metallica seems to be doing things right with their new album. they've got various purchase options (including a box set), they have audio tracks posted, and they just posted a new video on monday.

man, i'm really looking forward to this new metallica album. their new video reminds me of pre-black album metallica.

i wish GNR would come out of seclusion, tell us who is in the band, and do something like this for the fans!

Hmmm...you should maybe check out "Anything Goes---->My World"-section :rolleyes:

Album has leaked and yes, it is GOOD.

Best Metallica-album in 20 years...easily.

Good for them :rofl-lol:rock3 rock3

Edited by makkonen

what is 'my world' section?

yea, i listened to a few more tracks on metallica.com, and they rule. found a torrent and downloading it now (i will buy it but fuck i'm not waiting until 12 sept!)

very wise move finally getting rid of bob rock and bringing in rubin

Metallica is done. All they do now is milking off their Mullet fans. :rofl-lol:

am amazed that people find that record any good. A pure has been crap record.

I´m completely bald btw :rofl-lol: atleast right now :rofl-lol:

Listen the record again...if you are familiar with their early stuff, you really can´t say that DM isn´t way better than ANYTHING that they have released in last 20 years.

If you still don´t like it...well...just don´t :rolleyes:

Edited by makkonen

Metallica is done. All they do now is milking off their Mullet fans. :rofl-lol:

am amazed that people find that record any good. A pure has been crap record.

Hearing DM has made me realise just how sad New-GNR are as a band. Incredibly poor management, fan interaction and the music is nowhere near as good as it should be for the wait.

Hearing DM has made me realise just how sad New-GNR are as a band. Incredibly poor management, fan interaction and the music is nowhere near as good as it should be for the wait.

I think that musically Axl has to be looking at the univeresal praise Metallica is receiving and wondering why in the world he decided to make the band sound like NIN part II when in 2008 ironcially enough an Appetite sounding old school GNR album would be a monster hit.

i don't know why this thread was moved from the GNR section...

i mean, i was trying to say that gnr needs to do something like mission:metallica for CD

grrrr

I couldn't agree more. This thread isn't about whether or not you like Metallica. It's about their approach to how they're getting their music out there. Yes there was the whole Napster thing, but everybody makes mistakes. I also love the different ways you can get the album (similar to NIN), although $19.99 is a bit high for the actual cd (although that may include a digital copy too - wasn't too clear on that). I also agree that leaving it on the main page would have been nice - we can only hope that someone in the GNR camp reads the post and takes things in the same direction.

i don't know why this thread was moved from the GNR section...

i mean, i was trying to say that gnr needs to do something like mission:metallica for CD

grrrr

I couldn't agree more. This thread isn't about whether or not you like Metallica. It's about their approach to how they're getting their music out there. Yes there was the whole Napster thing, but everybody makes mistakes. I also love the different ways you can get the album (similar to NIN), although $19.99 is a bit high for the actual cd (although that may include a digital copy too - wasn't too clear on that). I also agree that leaving it on the main page would have been nice - we can only hope that someone in the GNR camp reads the post and takes things in the same direction.

Word boys.. But then again.. this is GNR.. not a werry fan friendly band, and they make shity web sites... SOOoooo don`t expect any from that camp..