The Beatles.. The most greatest and most important band of all time, where do Gn'R really stand?

FilterEight

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe guns n roses are not up there as of now. But if chinese democracy has i d say at least 3 or 4 CLASSICS, like WTTJ and SCOM calibur songs, they will be right next to Zeppelin, Beetles, and Stones. But right now they are no higher then say metallica, linkin park, or nirvana.

I believe guns n roses are not up there as of now. But if chinese democracy has i d say at least 3 or 4 CLASSICS, like WTTJ and SCOM calibur songs, they will be right next to Zeppelin, Beetles, and Stones. But right now they are no higher then say metallica, linkin park, or nirvana.

linkin park!?!??!?!

:confused:

linkin park!?!??!?!

:confused:

oh btw, rule 1: if anyone mixes rap in this, they will be disqualified

Lol let me rephrase. In my opinion, Guns n roses are the best fucking band ever. NO ONE rocks as hard as they did. But as far as other people see them, they were just a band that came and went. They are not compared to the beetles, zep, and stones by people who really follow and analyze rock history.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt
:rofl-lol: They aren't important for the music scene today at all. They're definatly not on a top five, I don't even think they're on a top 500 of most important bands for the music.

as much as i hate nirvana, ther's no way a band like linkin park should be compared to them and metallica when it comes to influence

that's just sad

:rofl-lol: They aren't important for the music scene today at all. They're definatly not on a top five, I don't even think they're on a top 500 of most important bands for the music.

thats just crazy, of course GN'R are influencial

if it wasnt for them sleaze rock and hair metal would still be big. GN'R are the last great rock back (as of today)

Edited by RJ88

well your from sweden so you suck

Oh yeah, you tell him!

Edited by Pico

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I see you don't agree with me? Well, 500 was probably a bit exaggerated. But can you mention one god band that GN'R has influenced? Faster Pussycat? They aren't exactly a great or big band, huh?

I don't care about influence, I care about great music. The original GNR is my favorite rock band all-time, followed by the Rolling Stones. Too bad GNR dismantled and Axl didn't release an album and did nothing thoughout his 30's. What a waste. He still should find a way to work with Slash and make more great music. The new stuff is better than anything on the radio today, but it doesn't top Coma, Civil War, WTTJ etc., and it never will.

Nice to see you have heard the albums then, mind sharing?...

I see you don't agree with me? Well, 500 was probably a bit exaggerated. But can you mention one god band that GN'R has influenced? Faster Pussycat? They aren't exactly a great or big band, huh?

is it GN'R's fault that most musician's now adays have no talent? fuck no

1. Beatles

2. RS

3. Led Zep

4. Guns N' Roses

5. Rick Astley

where do gnr REALLY fit in the top 50 bands of all time? (by contribution to music etc)

LOL....

are you guys CRAZY???

it should be more like:

1. The Beatles

2. Bob Dylan

3. .....

4. ....

5. blah...

however, Dylan is by far the best individual songwriter in the folk/blues/rock families of music. his work far surpasses that of lennon and mccartney solo work. he deserves a TON of credit for contributing to the current state of modern music. he is by far the single most important musician that has made music the way that it is today.

how can you leave him out of your list?

Furthermore, it was Dylan which influenced the beatles to move from a pop boy band to being Rock n' Roll revolutionaries (beginning with rubber soul).

dylan influenced the beatles to move from pop rock to insightful art rock, but in turn the beatles influenced dylan to go electric at newport in '65 (this changed the american counterculture focus from folk to rock music)

Edited by nambis