People don't enjoy the concerts anymore

Gallagher Rose

Most of them goes to record videos or take pictures instead of enjoy the music or the band..this video is an example:

tons of people recording in the crowd..there's a good thing that you can't save in a computer or put on youtube, it's called memory.

Edited by Gallagher Rose

I'll usually just take a small pair of binoculars so I can see the performers more clearly. But what ends up happening is that I usually stop using them after a few minutes since they restrict your peripheral vision so much. You can only see what one guy is doing but most of the time you want to see the entire stage all at once. It's good for those few minutes though. I'm always curious to see what the band looks like that night, and which guitars and shit they are using.

back in the 80's trying to sneak a camera in to a concert over here was hard but oh my god so worth it.

i have some really cool pics.

i have been dragged to bands i detest by friends but i always end up getting into the atmosphere.

nowadays i do bring a mobile, not to take pics as much, but i do call my friends who are unable to go so they can listen into abit.

the last concert my b/friend arsed about that much trying to get pics, i just took the phone off him. he spent too much time trying to find a decent spot to get a good pic, he missed out on them playing his fav song.

on a whole i find concert these days less enjoyable than i use too, maybe i'm getting too old......... nah that's not it.

concerts just aren't as good as they were back in the day...

Edited by helical

I completely agree!

You see people using Blackberries too,I was at one show and the guy next to me was arranging business meetings for the next day through text.

That can't be arranged before or after the two hours the band's on stage?

It happens at the movies all the time too.

I went to see Tropic Thunder...this guy and girl sat right in front of us.

She sat there taking pictures of the two of them and she'd sort through them and show them back to him.

Then she'd text her friends "OMG,do you believe what Josh said to Caitlin at school today??".

Finally someone leaned forward and politely said,"can you turn that off until the movie is over,it's very distracting and shining in our faces".

She gave a very annoyed teenage sigh and said "fiiiiiiiiine".

Well this apparantly completely ruined her evening...like,how dare we!...so they left.

poor baby.. :lol:

At RATM i was second row, and the guy in front of me was fighting with his girlfriend through text messages during the show :drevil:

When I go to a concert, I wanna experience it. I've never taken a camera to a show, I don't wanna be worried about what happens to it, or getting a good angle of the band to take pics. However, I do take the occasional cellphone pic of the band, but that doesn't take me too long. I like to have something to remember that gig later :)

I always take a camera in if it's allowed, but this doesn't mean I don't enjoy the concert. Honestly, at any given concert I attend I am one of the few people always singing along, pumping my fists, etc., but I also take some ace shots. And it pays off when you get some good ones like this...

13.jpg

I like to take photos of the band I'm seeing, just for memories. It's not like I'm running around wild to get a good spot, I just try to take a good picture or two from where I'm standing. Also, I tend to film some parts, again; just for the memories and to capture the atmosphere ;) So yes, I do like to take pictures and clips, but I still know how to enjoy a concert, trust me :D

I just call my friends who could not go, just to remind them what they are missing.

You can always find some photos in the local news-paper or on the band's website or fansites after the show. Often in higher quality than shitty cellphone-pics.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt
I just call my friends who could not go, just to remind them what they are missing.

I've done that a few times too. :D There are few better feeling then that.

Personally, I've never taken a camera to a concert. I even turn my mobile off.

I didn't take a camera to the last show I went to, which was Kid Rock and Skynyrd, and had a better time than I've had at any other show to be honest.

i went to one of their shows too. HOLY shit it kicked ass.

That guitarist in Back Door Slam if you saw them... HOLY shit is all i gotta say about him.