Queen + Paul Rodgers

Projected

Well, The Cosmos Rocks is a week away, what do you think about these guys?

Their Single, C-Lebrity:

I personally think C-Lebrity is fucking amazing. Really catchy with amazing stuff by Brian and Rodgers aces it.

I can't wait for this album.

PS

Yes, he's not Freddie. Get the fuck over it.

Paul's from Bad Company and Free, not exactly bands known for their diversity. So either he took the Queen guys on a direct hard rock direction for the new material, or they got him to stretch his boundaries and do all the crazy styles that Queen used to do with Fred.

Paul didn't have a problem with the diverse Queen styles live when I saw them.

I think there could possibly be a stretch in both directions.

Paul's from Bad Company and Free, not exactly bands known for their diversity. So either he took the Queen guys on a direct hard rock direction for the new material, or they got him to stretch his boundaries and do all the crazy styles that Queen used to do with Fred.

what Queen did with Freddie? more like, what Freddie did with Queen

great song btw

good call, chances are nobody wrote anything as outlandish as some of the stuff Freddie came up with. So maybe this'll be more of a straight ahead rock album.

good call, chances are nobody wrote anything as outlandish as some of the stuff Freddie came up with. So maybe this'll be more of a straight ahead rock album.

I for one wouldn't be complaining!

This is a winning combo.

From those who've heard the album previewed in its entirety, it's definately a rock album and not so much experimental as Queen with Freddie.

But it's apparantly really good.

Not so good quality, but a song from the album named Call Me. It's been said to be the most old-style Queen song of the album- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVHHXK__Fvc

I agree, it sounds like straight from the 70's Queen. Imagine Freddie on it. The solo is vintage Brian May and I love it.

Edited by Demon Wolf

From those who've heard the album previewed in its entirety, it's definately a rock album and not so much experimental as Queen with Freddie.

But it's apparantly really good.

Not so good quality, but a song from the album named Call Me. It's been said to be the most old-style Queen song of the album- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVHHXK__Fvc

I agree, it sounds like straight from the 70's Queen. Imagine Freddie on it. The solo is vintage Brian May and I love it.

Wow. That was really refreshing to hear a new song that sounded so classic.

Having now heard the full album, I can say it is in fact a GREAT album!

Solid tracks throughout, some classic Queen-elements (though I would've liked even more vocal harmonies) and Paul Rodgers is in fine form vocally. Brian May delivers his usual tasteful, trademark guitar melodies and Roger Taylor provides a killer rhythm section.

After three listens, it's the slow songs that appeal to me the most so far. Small, We Believe and especially Some Things That Glitter are just fantastic songs, not too sappy and just beautifully arranged. Call Me scores high due to it being so close to classic Queen as it gets. Great vocal harmonies.

The production is downright amazing. After hearing Metallica's latest, this one was a joy to the ears. Perfectly mixed, and it sounds stunning even on extremely loud volumes.

The only track I did not particularly like was the bluesy and a bit slow Voodoo, and I'm not a huge fan of Warboys either.

But overall, a solid album that I can really recommend and certainly better than I thought.

It isn't Freddie... but it's still damn good.

Having now heard the full album, I can say it is in fact a GREAT album!

Solid tracks throughout, some classic Queen-elements (though I would've liked even more vocal harmonies) and Paul Rodgers is in fine form vocally. Brian May delivers his usual tasteful, trademark guitar melodies and Roger Taylor provides a killer rhythm section.

After three listens, it's the slow songs that appeal to me the most so far. Small, We Believe and especially Some Things That Glitter are just fantastic songs, not too sappy and just beautifully arranged. Call Me scores high due to it being so close to classic Queen as it gets. Great vocal harmonies.

The production is downright amazing. After hearing Metallica's latest, this one was a joy to the ears. Perfectly mixed, and it sounds stunning even on extremely loud volumes.

The only track I did not particularly like was the bluesy and a bit slow Voodoo, and I'm not a huge fan of Warboys either.

But overall, a solid album that I can really recommend and certainly better than I thought.

It isn't Freddie... but it's still damn good.

Knowing it's as good as I expected is refreshing...but it makes the month and a half wait until the US rlease date that much harder!

I am still throughly disappointed Take Love isn't on the album. It's a really great song, hopefully we'll see it as an iTunes exclusive/b-side or something...

Knowing it's as good as I expected is refreshing...but it makes the month and a half wait until the US rlease date that much harder!

I am still throughly disappointed Take Love isn't on the album. It's a really great song, hopefully we'll see it as an iTunes exclusive/b-side or something...

Yeah, same. :( Take Love is really an amazing song, I love the live performances of it. But they said they couldn't make it justice when recording it, so they scrapped it, unfortunately.

If I could've wished one more thing of this album, it's that Brian and Roger would've sung lead some more instead of only in Say It's Not True (and Rog in the chorus of C-lebrity)

I just love their voices.

Yeah, same. :( Take Love is really an amazing song, I love the live performances of it. But they said they couldn't make it justice when recording it, so they scrapped it, unfortunately.

If I could've wished one more thing of this album, it's that Brian and Roger would've sung lead some more instead of only in Say It's Not True (and Rog in the chorus of C-lebrity)

I just love their voices.

That's a shame, I was under the impression they just scrapped the song for no reason. Maybe they could officially release a live version as a b-side...I'm sure they must have recorded at least one of the US shows in '06.

I don't like Say It's Not True, but I've loved everything else I've heard of new Queen.

Man, this is a good year for new albums. Queen and AC/DC! Both with classic-sounding songs. Just what I like and just what I want! Fuck no, I WILL NOT get with the times! I'm stuck in the 70s and 80s musically and I love it!

The more I hear the new album, the more I dig it. It's definately a grower.

Surf's Up School's Out is a killer track. It's a rocker, with a great atmosphere. The piano chords in the intro with guitar harmonics on top are just beautiful, best thing I've heard in a long time.

And the production. I've said it before and I say it again, what a joy for the ears. It's mixed perfectly.

I like this album better than a lot of old Queen :ph34r:

It's been torn apart by critics and die-hard Queen-fans.

I just wish they'd be more open-minded. Of course it won't sound like Queen. Because it's part of Queen collaborating with Paul Rodgers, of course it is going to sound different.

Just take a step back and enjoy the music for what it is, and I'm sure they would like it alot more.

What's your favourite song on the album, by the way?

Speaking of Queen, does anyone know what the setlist is so far this year? The tour kicked off on Tuesday and still no reviews/bootlegs/setlists anywhere.

Set-List

(From opening night)

"Cosmos Rockin'" [intro tape]

"One Vision"

"Tie Your Mother Down"

"The Show Must Go On"

"Fat Bottomed Girls"

"Another One Bites The Dust"

"Hammer To Fall"

"I Want It All"

"I Want To Break Free"

"A Kind Of Magic"

"Seagull" (Paul solo)

"Love Of My Life" (Brian solo)

"'39" (Brian on vocals, full-band version)

"Bass Solo" (Danny + Roger)

"Drum Solo"

"I'm In Love With My Car" (Roger on vocals)

"Say It's Not True" (Roger, Brian and Paul on vocals)

"Wishing Well"

"Shooting Star"

"Bad Company"

"Guitar Solo"

"Bijou" (Freddie's studio vocals)

"Last Horizon"

"Crazy Little Thing Called Love"

"C-lebrity"

"Feel Like Makin' Love"

"Radio Ga Ga"

"Bohemian Rhapsody"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_the_Cosmos_Tour

Speaking of Queen, does anyone know what the setlist is so far this year? The tour kicked off on Tuesday and still no reviews/bootlegs/setlists anywhere.

Set-List

(From opening night)

"Cosmos Rockin'" [intro tape]

"One Vision"

"Tie Your Mother Down"

"The Show Must Go On"

"Fat Bottomed Girls"

"Another One Bites The Dust"

"Hammer To Fall"

"I Want It All"

"I Want To Break Free"

"A Kind Of Magic"

"Seagull" (Paul solo)

"Love Of My Life" (Brian solo)

"'39" (Brian on vocals, full-band version)

"Bass Solo" (Danny + Roger)

"Drum Solo"

"I'm In Love With My Car" (Roger on vocals)

"Say It's Not True" (Roger, Brian and Paul on vocals)

"Wishing Well"

"Shooting Star"

"Bad Company"

"Guitar Solo"

"Bijou" (Freddie's studio vocals)

"Last Horizon"

"Crazy Little Thing Called Love"

"C-lebrity"

"Feel Like Makin' Love"

"Radio Ga Ga"

"Bohemian Rhapsody"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_the_Cosmos_Tour

One Vision??? :shocked: Fuck yes! Can't wait til they come back to the US!