Wow...AC/DC's Black Ice seems to be so much better than CD & Death Magnetic

axlsch

i'm not a big ac/dc fan....i just like their classics like back in black, etc...and their new hit single isnt the best they've ever made but...it still fuckin rocks ! they brought that dirrty rock n roll back. and i expected that of metallica and gnr....but imo both failed.

the artwork for black ice is great, too...it looks awesome on t-shirts.

Better than Metallica's new stuff? Yeah, probably.

Better than GN'R's new stuff? Hell no.

AC/DC's new song is good, but it's nothing new from a band that hasn't done anything new with their music for 20 years. It's catchy, but safe. Like most AC/DC songs.

Edited by EccoTides

:laugh:

Comparing the new AC/DC and Metallica releases is not going to fly well. Let's face it, one band continues to try to make modern music (Metallica), and the other just releases a standard album one after the other. I mean, Black Ice has 4 songs on the tracklisting that have the word "Rock" in there somewhere. Sheesh.

I didn't mind the new AC/DC single, but everything off of Metallica's new album completely rapes it off the face of the Earth.

Comparing the new AC/DC and Metallica releases is not going to fly well. Let's face it, one band continues to try to make modern music (Metallica), and the other just releases a standard album one after the other.

Everything on the new Metallica album sounds like it could have been on a former Metallica release from the 80's on through the early 90's.

..modern music?

Isn't what Metallica did with this release the same thing AC/DC did...swim in familiar waters (within the realms of their own distinct sound) to appease the fans?

I think the new Metallica is great. Very progessive album with lots of tempo changes like Justice. I love the production as well. Sounds like the killer guitar/drum crunch of Master/Justice era more than any of the latter albums. There are a few weak songs but even those are not that bad. As for lyrics and vocals that people are complaining about----c,mon ---these have never been Metallica's strong point. I think his voice sounds like always on this album. As for AC/DC-- I am a huge fan for over 20 years. That being said the only album after For Those... i thought was great has been The Razors Edge. Everything else has been really weak IMHO. I don't expect much from Black Ice but will reserve judgement until I hear it.

True, it's BECAUSE they stopped fucking around with "modern" and "new" sounds that Death Magnetic is going over so well. And for a band that hasn't played in that style (metal) for years and years and yeaaaars, they're still pretty damn good at it.

yeah how dare they test the boundaries of their capabilities and talent!

Comparing the new AC/DC and Metallica releases is not going to fly well. Let's face it, one band continues to try to make modern music (Metallica), and the other just releases a standard album one after the other. I mean, Black Ice has 4 songs on the tracklisting that have the word "Rock" in there somewhere. Sheesh.

I didn't mind the new AC/DC single, but everything off of Metallica's new album completely rapes it off the face of the Earth.

One AC/DC Song ...................... A Full Metallica Album

You can't compare those. :rolleyes:

Black Ice will be better than Death Magnetic, and this is coming from a guy who doesn't like Metallica, but actually gave their new album a chance, and likes it.

AWESOME!!

Acdc fanboy registers to praise acdc AND denies being acdc fanboy.

Well acdc fanboy, let us know ehn acdc puts out a new album, we've been waiting since 1980

Anyway, will it be better than CD? Well the first single is better than any of the "leaked" CD material, so it's possible the cd as a whole will be

Will it be better than DM? Uhh, no. Not unless acdc have done something they haven't done for the past 30 years and WRITE A NEW SONG.

Edited by apocalypse