Smashing Pumpkins to release their first live DVD

Marky

Smashing Pumpkins have announced that they will release their first live concert DVD to mark the band's 20th anniversary.

'If All Goes Wrong' is a double disc DVD and is due out in the US on November 11.

The package contains a 105-minute documentary as well as footage from the band's 11-night residency at the Filmore Auditorium in San Francisco in July and August 2007.

Speaking about the San Francisco shows, frontman Billy Corgan said: “We went into the residencies hopeful to play some new music, with the idea I would write during the day and we could maybe even play new songs that same night.

“What I didn't anticipate is how much the process would inspire me, positively and negatively, to report what I was seeing and feeling from the shows. The documentary shows that process in an interesting way that reveals the link between the band and our audience.”

The documentary portion of the DVD was directed by Jack Gulick (Bruce Springsteen, Metallica) and Daniel E Catullo III (Rush, Dave Matthews Band) and the concert disc is in 5.1 surround sound.

The set also includes 'Voices Of The Ghost Children', a featurette about the band's fans, and an interview with Pete Townshend.

The DVDs tracklisting is:

Disc 1

'If All Goes Wrong' documentary

'Voices Of The Ghost Children' featurette

Interview with The Who guitarist Pete Townshend

Disc 2

The Fillmore Residency

'The Rose March'

'Peace + Love'

'99 Floors'

'Superchrist'

'Lucky 13'

'Starla'

'Death From Above'

'The Crying Tree Of Mercury'

'Winterlong'

'Heavy Metal Machine'

'Untitled'

'No Surrender'

'Gossamer'

'Zeitgeist'

Bonus tracks: Live From The Floor Of The Fillmore

'99 Floors'

'Peace + Love'

'No Surrender'

'Mama'

'Promise Me'

Yes Viewforia was a live compilation. I don't know why they calling this their first. Maybe because all the songs are from one show. Most fans are also still waiting for the promised DVD "last show" from the Metro which was around 4 1/2 hours long with a killer set list of over 40 songs I believe. That was the last show before they reformed.