New Oasis album just leaked

Gallagher Rose

Finished.

I wasn't that impressed with "The Nature of Reality" and "Soldier On", but I hope repeated listening will be more rewarding (I was reading Korean comics at the time anyway). The former did have a heavy groove, though.

Everything else is just magnificent. I knew Noel and the gang could pull this psychadelia off. A breath of fresh air compared to the dreadful Standing.

I'm gonna take a walk with the monkey man and spin it again.

Oh, and inb4 markyboy101. :D

Finished.

I wasn't that impressed with "The Nature of Reality" and "Soldier On", but I hope repeated listening will be more rewarding (I was reading Korean comics at the time anyway). The former did have a heavy groove, though.

Everything else is just magnificent. I knew Noel and the gang could pull this psychadelia off. A breath of fresh air compared to the dreadful Standing.

Poor markyboy... :( lol

Just about to finish up Soldier On. Not the classic Oasis closer I was expecting but still good. Gonna give it another spin also. :D

Ha, the guy on another forum I use was the one who told the dude who leaked it how to bypass the watermark. He made him record it via a digital output or something, then re-record it in Audacity. The funny thing is, the dude who leaked it was posting about how he was going to leak it on an official Oasis forum. Kind of a dumb move. I wouldn't be surprised if Liam and Noel are knocking on his door tomorrow.

Oasis are idiosyncratic in their songwriting, but I've enjoyed this album much more than their previous effort. Bag It Up and Shock of the Lightning are amongst their most memorable rock tunes in years, while I'm Outta Time and Falling Down are lovely, mature ballads..

Has anyone noticed that the rhythm in (Get Off Your) High Horse Lady sounds quite similar to Come Together?

-Kickingthehabit

Oasis are idiosyncratic in their songwriting, but I've enjoyed this album much more than their previous effort. Bag It Up and Shock of the Lightning are amongst their most memorable rock tunes in years, while I'm Outta Time and Falling Down are lovely, mature ballads..

Has anyone noticed that the rhythm in (Get Off Your) High Horse Lady sounds quite similar to Come Together?

-Kickingthehabit

"I'm Outta Time" is good, but I can't get past the glaring "Jealous Guy" melodies/references. I guess they're purposeful, but still.

"I'm Outta Time" is good, but I can't get past the glaring "Jealous Guy" melodies/references. I guess they're purposeful, but still.

Liam Gallagher's songs have a deliberate Lennon quality to them. Songbird, for instance, sounds like something John would have written for Yoko Ono in 1970. I think his fascination with Lennon often borders on parody, but when I listen to I'm Outta Time, I hear someone who truly feels passionate about an artist that influenced him in so many ways. If it's not your intention to be completely original, you might as well take your cues from the best, I suppose..

-Kickingthehabit

Liam Gallagher's songs have a deliberate Lennon quality to them. Songbird, for instance, sounds like something John would have written for Yoko Ono in 1970. I think his fascination with Lennon often borders on parody, but when I listen to I'm Outta Time, I hear someone who truly feels passionate about an artist that influenced him in so many ways. If it's not your intention to be completely original, you might as well take your cues from the best, I suppose..

-Kickingthehabit

I'm glad you're posting again.

Finished.

Poor markyboy... :( lol

Just about to finish up Soldier On. Not the classic Oasis closer I was expecting but still good. Gonna give it another spin also. :D

I SHALL FUCKING WAIT, NO MATTER WHAT YOU SAY!!