Best AC/DC song?

FunkyMonk

All time favorite: 'You Shook Me All Night Long'

...and I really love 'Can I Sit Next To You Girl', probably the best classic Rock N' Roll song AC/DC have ever written. Although I love both versions of the song, I have to admit that I like the Dave Evans version slightly better. The song always reminds me of T.Rex (especially Electric Warrior).

Can I Sit Next To You Girl - Dave Evans

Yea, the Dave Evans version is way better than the first album version. Rockin' In The Parlour's also a cool classic rock song. I wish AC/DC had given him more of a chance. He's no Bon, but I would love to see what he was really capable of, other than a low quality bootleg which mostly consists of covers and the single released with him. Oh well, here's to hoping some of the rumored tracks to exist with him singing leak someday... :book:

...and I really love 'Can I Sit Next To You Girl', probably the best classic Rock N' Roll song AC/DC have ever written. Although I love both versions of the song, I have to admit that I like the Dave Evans version slightly better. The song always reminds me of T.Rex (especially Electric Warrior).

Yea, the Dave Evans version is way better than the first album version. Rockin' In The Parlour's also a cool classic rock song. I wish AC/DC had given him more of a chance. He's no Bon, but I would love to see what he was really capable of, other than a low quality bootleg which mostly consists of covers and the single released with him. Oh well, here's to hoping some of the rumored tracks to exist with him singing leak someday... :book:

I don't. He's a generic voice that would have gotten the band nowhere, plus he's a complete tosser that has led his whole life riding on AC/DC's coattails, despite the fact he was only in the band for 2 or 3 months or whatever it was. Loser.

Awesome choices for all of you guys, it's great to go back and really listen to songs I haven't in a while. Cheers.

I think I'll start checking out some Brian stuff, I've been a bit unfair on him. I guess I should get Back In Black :lol:.

You're late, but you'll be blown away. That album really is one of the all-time greatest.

I don't. He's a generic voice that would have gotten the band nowhere, plus he's a complete tosser that has led his whole life riding on AC/DC's coattails, despite the fact he was only in the band for 2 or 3 months or whatever it was. Loser.

X2. Dave Evans had a terrible voice, and the quality of his post-AC/DC output has been terrible. Definately a good idea to dump him early on. I've never liked his demos.

~Back in Black

~Who Made Who

~Whole Lotta Rosie

~Have a Drink on Me

~Shoot to Thrill

~For Those About to Rock

~Hells Bells

~Rock-n-Roll Ain't Noise Pollution

~Dirty Deeds D.D.C.

~You Shook Me All Night Long

~Thunderstruck

~Got You by the Balls rock3

Love it all, but those are my top. Back In Black has always been one of my favorite albums too. rock4

Awesome choices for all of you guys, it's great to go back and really listen to songs I haven't in a while. Cheers.

I think I'll start checking out some Brian stuff, I've been a bit unfair on him. I guess I should get Back In Black :lol:.

You're late, but you'll be blown away. That album really is one of the all-time greatest.

X2. Dave Evans had a terrible voice, and the quality of his post-AC/DC output has been terrible. Definately a good idea to dump him early on. I've never liked his demos.

The demo/single of 'Can I Sit Next To You Girl' is not that different from the version with Bon. What I like about the Evans version is that the guitars are little bit more bluesy and his voice suits this particular song better imo. But I'm also glad that they have choosen Bon, because his voice is more unique.

Bon)

Whole lotta rosie

Jailbreak

gone shooting

down pavement blues

its along way to the top

if you want blood you got it

let there be rock

brian)

back in black

shoot to thrill

givin the dog a bone

for those about to rock

stiff upper lip

thunderstruck

I prefer the bon era, the albums seem to have for energy, but the 80's i fink that the band on a whole was running low on ideas but the 90's to now stuff is really underrated