Manic Street Preachers

BrandNewCadillac

As I've been listening to them a lot lately, I think it's so unfortunate that the Manics have seemingly passed under the radar over the past two decades or so. Does anybody else feel this way about them?

If anyone is unfamiliar, these are the albums they've released:

Generation Terrorists (1992)

Gold Against the Soul (1993)

The Holy Bible (1994)

Everything Must Go (1996)

This Is My Truth, Tell Me Yours (1998)

Know Your Enemy (2001)

Lifeblood (2004)

Send Away the Tigers (2007)

I personally prefer Generation Terrorists and The Holy Bible. They draw a lot of influence from GN'R, particularly Appetite... and it's very noticable on the first few albums.

Also, here's some videos:

"Motorcycle Emptiness"

"Australia"

"Die in the Summertime"

I remember when Graham Rix became manager of Hearts and because he was jailed a few years earlier for having underage sex with a 15 year old all the opposition fans would sing "And if you tolorate Rix then your children will be next." :lol:

I like the Manics sometimes. I woudn't say they're underrated, they have a huge fan base, sell out tours and have won loads of awards for their albums and won best album and band at the Brits in '97 & '99. It's just because they don't always hog the limelight every week in music magazines. The fans and tours are what matters.

Maybe if the really do slip under the carpet they'll "find" Richey James and do a big comeback or something.

Fuck keeping money for him incase he returns.

I love them. Really do, excellent music, great lyrically, good message behind it all.

They genuinely haven't make a 'weak' album. My personal favourite albums: ^_^

Generation Terrorists

The Holy Bible

This Is My Truth, Tell Me Yours

Lifeblood

Saw them live last year, it was amazing. But I really think they'd be a much better band to see smaller scale or full on huge at a festival. Not in a closed arena.

I saw them before Generation Terrorists was released. It was a pretty crazy show. They came out holding pictures of pictures of Marilyn Monroe and Pol Pot and then when into Slash N Burn. Nottingham Rock City is a tight venue.

Holy Bible is a truly great record. A bit harrowing but Faster is like the greatest song.

I saw them before Generation Terrorists was released. It was a pretty crazy show. They came out holding pictures of pictures of Marilyn Monroe and Pol Pot and then when into Slash N Burn. Nottingham Rock City is a tight venue.

Holy Bible is a truly great record. A bit harrowing but Faster is like the greatest song.

Yes is great as well.

Damn, I would like to have been there...of course I was like 2 years old at time but anyway... And The Holy Bible is basically the best album of the 90s and besides that Generation Terrorists and Send Away The Tigers is my favourites. Everything Must Go and Gold Against The Soul is great too but EMG is too poppy for my tastes and GATS have some really great tracks and some that's pure filler...

Lifeblood is also good but it's not very rock. It's like Coldplay or New Order or 80s indie.

Know Your Enemy is probably their best record in terms of alternative rock, it's almost like a normal record.

Funny how unheard of they are outside UK, cos they have a full back catalog of rock classics.

Lyrically they aren't very sexy, it's always about how they love genocide and some dead 40s movie star.

I think if you liked AFD you'd like Generation Terrorists. If you like Nirvana you probably like Holy Bible and Everything Must Go.

Every self respecting rock fan should these records.

• 2 weeks later...