Manic Street Preachers

BrandNewCadillac

Absolutely love them. James Dean Bradfield is a God: on guitar; singing anything the man is brilliant. Richey and Niki's lyrics are some of the best ever in music and can't forget about Sean Moore. Saw them live in 2006 and it left me wanting so much more.

Agreed. Saw them at Reading this year and it was immense. Unfortunately i only really got into them after their last tour so i can't wait to see the next one already.

• 3 weeks later...

Manic Street Preachers to release Richey Edwards-written album

The new album is set to be released next Spring

Manic Street Preachers are set to release an album featuring lyrics written by missing member Richey Edwards.

The Welsh trio told NME.COM that they had recorded nine songs with producer Steve Albini for the album, tentatively titled 'Journal For Plague Lovers', which they plan to release in spring 2009.

The album will only feature lyrics written by Edwards, which his bandmates kept following his disappearance in 1995.

"We've had these lyrics for 14 years and we all felt compelled that this was the right time to do it," bassist Nicky Wire told NME.COM. "It's a follow-up to [1994 album] 'The Holy Bible' in a lot of ways.

"There's a small amount of editing involved, because some of them [Edwards-written passages] are prose and they needed to be made into lyrics, but they're all Richey's."

For the full interview with Wire and more details on the album, see the new issue of NME, out in the UK tomorrow (November 5).

This is either going to complete or ruin my life depending on its quality.

Although i suppose The Holy Bible both completed and ruined my life anyway and that is pure quality.

" I AM AN ARCHITECT! They call me a butcher.

I AM A PIONEER! They call me primitive.

I AM PURITY! They call me perverted

Holding you but I only miss these things when they leave."

What a song, pure adrenaline.

They opened the show with it when i saw them in leeds in summer.

• 3 weeks later...

Everything Must Go does a good combination of Holy Bible and more commercial side. Holy Bible isnt that uncommercial though. She is Suffering is radio friendly.

I think he's still alive. Maybe just had himself committed. They have to keep his whereabouts secret. A tibetian monastery wouldn't even know who he was. He could be down the road in Birmingham working nights. Nobody'd know.

This album sounds promising. Maybe he's coming back. In spirit he lives on.