Queen vs U2

Duffan

head to head  

76 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm.. Queen is an Epic band but really they are nothing compared to U2. Sure they both have great and timeless songs, but U2's classics far out way Queen's. No disrespect to Queen but they are simnply not in the same class as U2. When all is said and done I believe U2 will be up there with The Stones and The Beatles(maybe I'm a little optimistic) and Queen will run with the likes of Sabbath and Zepplin. No shame in that just not in the same realm that's all. U2 are like Kings of the music world, where as Queen are like the knights. That's my opinion.

This has maybe with you Bono with U2 as your Nr. 1 band of all time... but.. I mean it's quite oppisite... Queen has some timeless song... (U2 too by all means) but Freddie Mercury is MAYBE the greatest rock singer of all time...

So my answer is very clear: Queen....

This has maybe with you Bono with U2 as your Nr. 1 band of all time... but.. I mean it's quite oppisite... Queen has some timeless song... (U2 too by all means) but Freddie Mercury is MAYBE the greatest rock singer of all time...

I completely agree with you

True I may be a little biased towards U2 but in all honesty I feel that U2 will be and are regarded as a more classic band than Queen. Please don''t anyone think for a second that I have any disrespect for Queen in any way, but the thread is a Queen vs U2 question and I honestly feel that Queen does not measure up to U2. Queens songs do tend to sound a little dated in comparison to U2's music. Queen was huge. enormous, gigantic but U2 is by far the biggest band of our(25 and under) time. And as far as depth to the songs U2's songs are much deeper. Queen is awesome but they are no U2.

I completely agree with you

Mee too :D

Queen kills U2 in every freakin' category. The frontman was better, his voice was better and the musicians were better. Queen as a band is so versatile, they could play anything. They could play epics as well as fast rockin' punk stuff.

Indeed. B)

Queen are my favourite band of all time. Noone will match what Freddie could do on stage and no new band will ever write such an ammount of memorable songs again. Listen A Night At The Opera to discover how great they really were. Even etter watch Wembley 86.