Weeds

• 3 weeks later...

i bought season 1 on dvd on ebay last week, should be here soon. ive never seen the show, but i always scower cheap dvdboxests that are 'ending soon'. got season 1 for like 15 bucks, well worth it just to check the show out. if i like it ill buy the other seasons. ive heard great things about this show, looking forward to it.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

The finale is the most fucking ridiculous series finale that has ever existed. It's like they intentionally tried to make it as stupid as possible.

I thought the first few seasons were okay but nothing amazing. When it started getting too stupid for me I only finished it for the sake of it.

• Like 1

The finale is the most fucking ridiculous series finale that has ever existed. It's like they intentionally tried to make it as stupid as possible.

I thought the first few seasons were okay but nothing amazing. When it started getting too stupid for me I only finished it for the sake of it.

Yeah, what did I just watch.

Well, at least it's over now. The only good things after Season 3 were Doug and Andy. Everything else was pretty much awful. Glad I checked it off of my list at least.

• Like 1

Yeah, what did I just watch.

Well, at least it's over now. The only good things after Season 3 were Doug and Andy. Everything else was pretty much awful. Glad I checked it off of my list at least.

And they even ruined Doug in the last few episodes.

Yea it absolutely got pretty ridiculous after they got out of the neighborhood. The whole Shane story turned insane the last few seasons.

weeds was actually one of few shows i totally gave up on, i think in the second-to-last season. it just got so, so bad.

showtime has a penchant for doing this with its shows -- californication, dexter, homeland, etc. they don't know when to throw in the towel.

once weeds moved beyond the suburbs its entire appeal and narrative essence unraveled, and forcing characters like nealon and banks back into it after they had no reason to continue to exist within the narrative was just a constant reminder of how hamfisted it all was.

• Like 1

When did Californication jump the shark? I had Showtime when season 1 aired and thought it was fantastic, then like last year I saw an ad saying "new episodes of Californication"... "that's still on," I thought, "how could they drag out that story any more?"

• 1 month later...

It didn't jump the shark until Nancy f**ked Andy..after that it was over. An A plus show imho...

A plus? No way!

Three good seasons, with the first being the best by a long shot. I was so disappointed by the final season, I ended up quitting in protest and never watched the finale.

• Like 1

It didn't jump the shark until Nancy f**ked Andy..after that it was over. An A plus show imho...

A plus? No way!

Three good seasons, with the first being the best by a long shot. I was so disappointed by the final season, I ended up quitting in protest and never watched the finale.

You really should watch it just to witness the trainwreck. Honestly probably the worst finale I've ever seen.