Alice Cooper '08 tour pics and reviews

Becket

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The opening band,Econoline Crush.

Hard working band...they do absolutely nothing for me.I was bored out of my stick.

Yeah they were good but I was bored as hell too. I was just anxious for Alice to start. I took a ton of pics of EC just to get the feel of my new camera. I was worried about getting good pics of the hanging though. I wanted to be sure those pics turned out. But I got lucky there. When he dropped I took the pic about a second before it happend then it caught it as he dropped. :D

I was disappointed in the shortened version of It's Hot Tonight,I was really looking forward to that.

I was expecting it to be shortened. He usually does that nowadays. Like on the last tour he opened with Department of youth, same thing, it was shortened. Probably cause he has so many must play songs. I would love to see him do a full version of I Love The Dead again. I love how he would sing it around the guillotine for awhile, kinda tease the crowd before the beheading.

It was a fun night out...but it just isn't the same vibe anymore.

I can't quite put my finger on it...but there's something...um...safe about it now.

I know what you mean there. I love his shows now but they're not like they used to be. I never got to see those classic shows though (except on video) first time I saw him was in '91. But when I watch my DVDs of Good To See You Again Alice Cooper or the Welcome To My Nightmare one I always wish I could have been there for those. Seeing him back then was more shocking but now it's just entertainment. Like Alice says "You cant shock anyone anymore cause you got CNN to compete with" :lol:

I thought the band was ok,not the best band I've seen Alice assemble...to be sure.

The best was the original lineup

Enjoy it while you can...I have a feeling you're going to hear the "Farewell Tour" announcement some time in the next 5 years.

:(

Alice will be around forever. :P

I found this on Facebook yesterday. A friend of mine commented on one of his friends Cooper pics, so I checked them out. Saw this one and zoomed in. I'm not 100% positive but I'm pretty sure (about 99%) that this is my brother and me.

n574570342452096549810zl3.jpg

Here's 2 links to the interview with Alice.

He was a good sport, a great funny guy!

It's in french but Alice speak english, so you can figure out the questions

Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvwmACJISzU

Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qHoGbLM_LI

Thanks Montrealer. I really enjoyed those. (Of course ;) ) Did you get to meet him?

I can't believe he still gets asked about the chicken :lol:

The show was good.Miles better than the last time I saw him around '04.

The opening band,Econoline Crush.

Hard working band...they do absolutely nothing for me.I was bored out of my stick.

Actually we spent our time during their set trying to figure out of the She-Wolf in front of us was a man or a woman...seriously!.

(we didn't arrive at a conclusion) :tongue2:

In between bands was rather interesting...they played the Along Came A Spider cd.

Don't think I've ever heard a band play their own music before they go on stage before....

It was actually one of the highlights of the evening for me...it sounded GREAT cranked like that...I was really digging it.

I was disappointed in the shortened version of It's Hot Tonight,I was really looking forward to that.

I've seen Alice so many times,I relish the moments where they play something off the beaten track.

I wasn't too thrilled with the medley versions of songs...like it was a Vegas review or something.

It was a fun night out...but it just isn't the same vibe anymore.

I can't quite put my finger on it...but there's something...um...safe about it now.

It kind of reminds me of how Kiss is talking about replacing all the members and letting the "experience" continue.

The Alice Cooper show '08 kind of reminds of that...only they haven't replaced Alice yet.

It's Alice Lite...same great taste but not the same buzz,but you get to experience what all the fuss was about 35 years ago.

He's a 60 year old guy touring on his glory days when he was a menacing threat to parent's morality and society at large.It reminds me of a really good Alice tribute band we used to go see all the time called Billion Dollar Babies,but with the real Alice fronting the band.

It kinda strikes me as a "remember when?" review.

I thought the band was ok,not the best band I've seen Alice assemble...to be sure.

Eric Singer was solid as usual and he can still really belt out that drum solo he used to do in the Kiss days.(he really should still be in Kiss with Kulick...but hey).

To be honest,it was virtually the same show I saw a few years back,with new musicians,a new song dabbled here and there.

He's cake walking these tours until he retires.

But I am glad he's doing it...the guy looks great up there at 60,gotta give him props for that.

The voice is pooched though...some heavy filter stuff going on at times.At other times,if you listened closely,he sounded just like he did on Ferguson...but when you crank everything up to 10 you don't really notice as much.

All in all I had fun...a good little rock show done on a budget.

Enjoy it while you can...I have a feeling you're going to hear the "Farewell Tour" announcement some time in the next 5 years.

...and I'll be there

Alice Cooper has meant a lot to me on many levels for 37 years now.He's my all time rock hero and I have amazing memories of the man,the band and the music that I'll take with me to the grave.

But the train is starting to pull into the station,it's clear to see (for those being honest about it).

However,he still thrills the devoted who fill these 3,000 seat venues!...no question about it!

I wasn't going to buy a shirt...but that Halloween 2008 one was too damn cool!

Gotta tell it straight up as it went down for me.

But I did say to myself at one point,if I'd never seen Alice before...would this be blowing me away?And the answer was ..hell yeah!

solid effort all around: B+

Awesome review. I love it when someone can give an honest opinion on a band they love - particularly when you say that Alice is one of your idols.

I'll see him next time he comes our way. :)

I saw number 2 this year last night, and it was my favorite AC show yet. I was about 20 feet back in a venue that only holds 750, which was really fucking cool. I got tickets face value on Craig's List only like a week ago. I've been really sick for like the last 2 weeks, and I honestly regretted still going until a few songs into the set. But I came around and got into it as usual, and now I'm paying for it cause I feel like shit. The illness dampened the mood a bit, but it was a really great show. I promised myself I wouldn't get any merch after spending $200 + in Hamilton a couple weeks ago, but I came aroudn and got the signed ACAS album, and the Halloween shirt. Not much to say about the show that I didn't say in my Hamilton review, essentially the same show, but it was more enjoyable last night since I was so much closer. I got some really awesome pics last night, and took a couple of videos (unforuntately I was next to singers, so I only did video or Eighteen, Keri's acoustic solo and the Devil's Food/Killer/I Love The Dead medley). If I feel up to it I'll post some pics tonight, if not tomorrow. One thing I thought was real cool, at the end of the encore a younger kid up front held up a Billion Dollar Babies LP for Alice to sign, which he did. Just thought that was pretty neat, not many musicians would sign something on stage like that.

PS Zint: He said happy birthday Keri Kelly again, must be some joke of his to say it every show or something. He also "forgot" what city he was in again, must be another joke.

EDIT: Here are some of the pics, I may end up posting a zip file of more if anybody wants them, there's quite a few good ones.

100_6933.jpg

100_7009.jpg

100_7150.jpg

100_7158.jpg

100_7177.jpg

100_7187.jpg

100_7238.jpg

100_7265.jpg

100_7289.jpg

100_7297.jpg

Edited by Powerage5

Killer pics Powerage!!

I know the feeling of going to a show being sick. I did that a couple years ago when I saw Billy Idol, and same thing, kinda regreted it a first then just got right into it. Idol was a better show than I was expecting.

Killer pics Powerage!!

I know the feeling of going to a show being sick. I did that a couple years ago when I saw Billy Idol, and same thing, kinda regreted it a first then just got right into it. Idol was a better show than I was expecting.

Yea, it really sucks until you start to get into it. I was out sick yesterday and today, and I was out 2 days after The Who last week also. I'm just hoping I feel better in time for AC/DC.

Edited by Powerage5