The Black Album

Revolver281

First off, I know people say that this is Metallica's sell-out album and all that, but thats just stupid. Metallica spent 8 years releasing albums true to them, it was time for a little recognition. Anyway, I just listened to the Black album, and it's amazing, songs like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iskyNSbS7k and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKrLh3V52aU really made Metallica deserve world-wide fame. Anyway, just wanted to say how good this album is, any one share these feelings?

Probably their best.

I actually think their 90s albums are at least as good if not better then their 80s albums. I like their albums they did in the 80s, but except for Master Of Puppets I think they all sound too similar. Nonetheless, I own every Metallica album (except Kill 'Em All). But I think it's good they tried something new on that album.

The God that Failed is probably the Black Album highlight. Amazing song. But Death magnetic probably has the black album beat overall

Listening to it now. I like it, but it isn't my favorite Metallica album. ...And Justice For All is up there though.

The God that Failed is probably the Black Album highlight. Amazing song. But Death magnetic probably has the black album beat overall
Listening to it now. I like it, but it isn't my favorite Metallica album. ...And Justice For All is up there though.

The God That Failed is good but definitely not the highlight of the album in my opinion. Enter Sandman, Sad But True, and The Unforgiven are the best on it I think. Death Magnetic does have it beat though.

The Unforgiven was one of the songs that got me interested in music, so I don't mind this album at all. Not their best, but definitely not horrible either.

Same for me. The Unforgiven really opened my eyes to metal and other types of music. It just has that feel to it.