Nikki Sixx Praises Duff Mckagan's Loaded Performance/Album

madison

DATE: Oct. 20, 2008

SOURCE: Blabbermouth

Nikki Sixx Praises Duff McKagan's Loaded

MÖTLEY CRÜE bassist Nikki Sixx has issued the following update:

"We had a bad-ass show in Tokyo... and there were a ton of cool bands on the bill, but most notably was DUFF McKAGAN'S LOADED.

"So, after running into my friend Richard Stark yesterday, we headed down to a place here in Tokyo and saw Duff play a tiny club... insane. Every song was a 10. I got an EP and it's all I'm listening to right now. If you don't have the EP yet, it's called 'Wasted Heart' and it's a must-have."

Italian news blog Musica Metal recently uploaded video footage (see below) of DUFF MCKAGAN'S LOADED's performance at the first edition of the Rock Of Ages festival, which was held on September 13, 2008 in Milan, Italy.

LOADED's new five-song EP, "Wasted Heart", was released on September 22 via Century Media Records. A new full-length album will follow in early 2009. The CD was produced by Martin Feveyear and will include such tracks as "Roll Away", "Forgive Me", "Sick", "No More", "Southern Girl", "No Shame" and "Translucent".

"These are purely my songs," McKagan told Billboard.com. "It's probably more derivative of my earlier years of punk rock. It's a good rock 'n' roll band. It's fun, is what it is. There's no real business and no real drama. I'm really into no drama right now," he adds, noting Scott Weiland's recent rancorous departure from VELVET REVOLVER.

In addition to McKagan, LOADED features drummer Geoff Reading (GREEN APPLE QUICK STEP), bassist Jeff Rouse (VENDETTA RED, ALIEN CRIME SYNDICATE) and guitarist Mike Squires (ALIEN CRIME SYNDICATE).

LOADED was formed in 1999 and has morphed several times, releasing two albums: 1999's "Live Episode" and 2001's "Dark Days".

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermo...wsitemID=107283